“Nice place in Caymana Bay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink

Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
47 Forum Lane, Suite 4103, Canella Court, Seven Mile Beach Camana Bay, Grand Cayman
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
New York City, New York
“Nice place in Caymana Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Located on the waterfront promenade of Caymana Bay, Micheal's was a nice place to dine outside enabling you enjoy the weather and the view. Stopped by for lunch and had a tasty Black Angus burger and house salad for $20 CI. A little pricey for some places but coming from NY, I'm used to it.

Visited February 2014

73% Recommend
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“We almost didn't stay...but glad we did”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were overwhelmed with the menu, and may not have stayed except that the waitress seeing that we were confused did offer an excellent suggestion that we could order a large/ex large portion and split it three ways...we ordered the rib eye and did just that. We added a side of fingerling roasted potatoes that were delicious. The cookie/ice cream sandwich for dessert was a perfect finishing touch. Pricey, but different and enjoyable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, IA
“Better then the reviews imply!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We ate here Monday evening. While I would not label it memorable (I tend to reserve that accolade for the likes of Alinea, the French Kitchen, etc.) it was very good. I would return in a heartbeat. The oven roasted whole snapper was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The roasted cauliflower was as good as I have had anywhere including my own.

I have to chuckle at the reference to overpriced in any review regarding Grand Cayman. Everything here is expensive particularly if you are an American. My question is, "why, then, did you choose this destination"? That being said if you choose to limit yourself to all of the typical American fast food or chain fare you can lower the cost of your stay. Missing out on the more than ample outstanding dining options is, however, in IMHO a huge mistake when visiting here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Sumptous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

They don't give the James Beard award to just anyone. This restaurant is in the new, hip Camana Bay section of Seven Mile Beach. Interesting menu. The menu is interestingly divided into small, medium, large and extra large offerings, I had one small, the crab salad, which was creatively prepared and mouthwatering. I followed with the medium course, a duck leg, also delicious. My husband had the chicken (large selection), with fresh veggies and mashed potatoes. It might sound ordinary, but it certainly was not. It was superb. We shared bites of everything, and were totally pleased.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Clean, Good Service, Menu variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had a good experience here but likely because it was just a good fit. I love deviled eggs and they had them as an appetizer which is only on limited restaurant menus. My favorite fish is wahoo and they had two great wahoo dishes. Desserts well I like them all but they have pie in a jar and it was fantastic. To top it off the wine list was nice and the service was great. The cost of the meal was more than I expected but in general Grand Cayman is pricey. The location is in the newly constructed Cabana Bay so it is really a nice place and conveniently located to 7 mile beach. They offer both indoor or outdoor seating.

• Visited January 2014