“1 word....AMAZING...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cayman Marine Lab

Cayman Marine Lab
P.O. Box 30548 | Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach KY1 1203, Grand Cayman
+1 345-916-0849
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: 27 Years experience as the only diving marine biologist in the Cayman Islands. Experience and knowledge are your ticket to the best small boat diving vacation in the Cayman Islands. I look forward to spoiling you and your family very soon.
Peabody, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“1 word....AMAZING...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We finished off our scuba certification with 2 days of diving with Tom and Danny (his son) at Cayman Marine Lab.

We saw all of the reviews here and decided to go with Tom due to his years of experience and marine biology background and it's not possible we would have made a better decision. We're glad we didn't go through Red Sails at our hotel, as the young kids who "man" those ships and dives would have been no where near as awesome.

We saw a turtle the first dive as soon as we got down the line, then we saw lion fish being fed to fish, as they're over populated and causing issues w/the reefs. We saw a huge eel the 2nd dive down...yikes....made the pulse go a bit quick.

The 2nd day we saw an even bigger turtle, a nurse shark, another eel, some barracuda and a lobster. Oh and about a billion fish, corals, more lion fish.

We had such great training to finish our certification w/Tom that we're going back out again tomorrow and possibly Monday as well.

We're HOOKED...

Our first day we had a total of 8 divers including my husband and me and 1 person who stayed on the boat. And then the 2nd day, b/c the weather has been awful, rainy, stormy, it was just my husband and me along w/Tom and his son Danny.

Tom has been running dives here in Grand Cayman for 20 + years...

It is NOT possible we could have loved this experience anymore than we did.

Don't hesitate to book your dive w/Tom NOW, it will be the best experience!!!

BOSTON STRONG

Visited June 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Best in Cayman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Don't waste your time with large cattle call operations. Trust Tom and Cayman Marine Lab. He knows where the good stuff is, and he'll guide you right to it. I've done at least a dozen 2 tank dive trips on his boats and it's always top notch. He even gave us a free stop at Stingray city last trip while diving on the north side. He's incredibly knowledgeable and knows the Cayman waters and dive sites better than anyone. Plus, he's hilarious - why not laugh all the way through your surface interval?

Yellow Pine, Idaho
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

What a great experience. We were all first time scuba drivers. I would recommend Tom and Danny to any first time divers. He made it simple and very comforting. Tom is a very good instructor. So happy we experienced this.

Bay City, Michigan
“Who is the best Divemaster on the Cayman Islands?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Who is the best Divemaster in Grand Cayman? Tom Burns, that's who! I have been diving with Tom for over 22 years. There are other good dive operation in Grand Cayman that I have tried but none compare to Cayman Marine Lab. Tom is the most knowledgable and entertaining. (Very dry sense of humor!) If you are looking for a unique Diving experience in the Cayman Islands, Cayman Marine Lab is the best choice.

Essex County, MA
4 attraction reviews
“Not for the uninitiated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Since my husband is certified, and I have no experience, we chose to dive with CML given the rave reviews from folks on TripAdvisor. We expected to be diving with Tom, but the morning we arrived for the dive we were quickly handed off to Danny (Tom took on more experienced divers on a separate boat). While I felt I was in capable hands, being the novice - and a bit nervous - I was really looking for a more mature handler to ensure the utmost confidence in my safety and security. Net / net: if you are not an experienced diver, and are a bit nervous about the endeavor, I recommend first confirming you will be diving with Tom if you seek peace of mind. Overall average experience given the hand off, price and brevity of our trip (2 hours when Tom had verbally noted 3 hours for the resort course). PS. the prices on the website are out of date. Resort course is $140, not $125 as advertised online.

Visited April 2013