“Best in Cayman” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cayman Marine Lab

Cayman Marine Lab
P.O. Box 30548 | Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach KY1 1203, Grand Cayman
+1 345-916-0849
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: 27 Years experience as the only diving marine biologist in the Cayman Islands. Experience and knowledge are your ticket to the best small boat diving vacation in the Cayman Islands. I look forward to spoiling you and your family very soon.
Dallas, Texas
“Best in Cayman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Don't waste your time with large cattle call operations. Trust Tom and Cayman Marine Lab. He knows where the good stuff is, and he'll guide you right to it. I've done at least a dozen 2 tank dive trips on his boats and it's always top notch. He even gave us a free stop at Stingray city last trip while diving on the north side. He's incredibly knowledgeable and knows the Cayman waters and dive sites better than anyone. Plus, he's hilarious - why not laugh all the way through your surface interval?

Yellow Pine, Idaho
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

What a great experience. We were all first time scuba drivers. I would recommend Tom and Danny to any first time divers. He made it simple and very comforting. Tom is a very good instructor. So happy we experienced this.

Bay City, Michigan
“Who is the best Divemaster on the Cayman Islands?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Who is the best Divemaster in Grand Cayman? Tom Burns, that's who! I have been diving with Tom for over 22 years. There are other good dive operation in Grand Cayman that I have tried but none compare to Cayman Marine Lab. Tom is the most knowledgable and entertaining. (Very dry sense of humor!) If you are looking for a unique Diving experience in the Cayman Islands, Cayman Marine Lab is the best choice.

Essex County, MA
4 attraction reviews
“Not for the uninitiated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Since my husband is certified, and I have no experience, we chose to dive with CML given the rave reviews from folks on TripAdvisor. We expected to be diving with Tom, but the morning we arrived for the dive we were quickly handed off to Danny (Tom took on more experienced divers on a separate boat). While I felt I was in capable hands, being the novice - and a bit nervous - I was really looking for a more mature handler to ensure the utmost confidence in my safety and security. Net / net: if you are not an experienced diver, and are a bit nervous about the endeavor, I recommend first confirming you will be diving with Tom if you seek peace of mind. Overall average experience given the hand off, price and brevity of our trip (2 hours when Tom had verbally noted 3 hours for the resort course). PS. the prices on the website are out of date. Resort course is $140, not $125 as advertised online.

Visited April 2013
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
“First Time Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently traveled to Cayman and had the privilege of diving with Tom and his son Danny. It was my first time diving and I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life! Danny walked me through the dive thoroughly and I felt extremely comfortable throughout each the dives. I agree with ‘Heckleman’s’ comments, “I recommend Tom's approach with new divers at the highest. It's a great learning environment.” He hit it right on the nose, fine instruction, and great environment for all groups of people, family, friends, etc. Although I have to warn you, it’s addictive, I’ve been dying to get back and dive again and its only been 3 weeks since my trip. Thanks again Tom and Danny!!

Visited March 2013