I won't repeat what other reviewers have stated as I agree with them: great beach, shady areas, super condos, close to grocery store, clean, up-to-date amenities, daily maid service (except Sundays), very professional staff, etc. What people haven't said that you need to know is this: the beach is NOT at all crowded. You see, many of the smaller places folded and sold after Hurricane Ivan in 2004. These places were bought, razed, and in their place huge, multi-story hotels were built. The hotels are much too big for the amount of beach space available for all the people that stay there. When you walk by these places you see people side by side in chaise loungers with no space between them. We heard from those who have stayed at these places that people will get up early in the morning to claim a section of beachfront "property." At The Islands Club, however, this did not happen. They survived Hurricane Ivan with minimal damage. There is plenty of beach for everyone - no need to claim beachfront space. We use the beach to play football, have appetizers and drinks at the beachfront, sunbathe, read in the shade, and then we stroll to the condo for a drink, snack, or have a meal. It's so easy. You also need to know that the water/beach area is very accessible meaning that the beach has a gradual decline so that younger kids can easily play in the shallow water. And the beach is all sand (a few pieces of coral every now and then)! I also want to add that there is no pool and that is completely fine. Never once did we wish there was a pool. I wouldn't base your decision to stay or not to stay here because there is no pool. The ocean is warm, inviting and refreshing.
The bottom line is that The Islands Club is truly the best place to stay in on Seven Mile Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islands Club condominiums on Seven Mile Beach is comprised of 26 luxury condo suites for rent. All are superb, deluxe vacation condo rental units. Looking for a vacation getaway? See our Special Rates on Rentals. We offer 2, 3 or 4 bedroom suites, each with its own private patio or balcony overlooking world famous Seven Mile Beach. The Islands Club is located within easy walking distance of many fine restaurants, duty-free shopping, nightclubs, the Brittania golf course, a large modern grocery store and water sports and activities. On the beach, large Casuarina trees provide shade from the sun as you relax in a lounge chair by the sea. Standard Amenities at The Islands Club Condos •Every Luxury Condo Suite is Ocean Front •Highest Rating By The Department of Tourism •The Islands Club Condos provides a daily maid service •Free high speed Internet access in all condo units •All linens, including beach towels provided •Washer/Dryer & fully equipped kitchen in all condos •Lighted tennis court & Fitness Center on site •Central air/telephones/cable TV in each condo •FREE Long Distance Calling (In Select Units) •Chef's Services/Catering Available •Cribs/High Chairs/Babysitting Available. More than just a beachfront view on Grand Cayman The Islands Club Condos has historically been considered one of the premier beachfront rental properties on Grand Cayman. We are located on the finest stretch of Seven Mile Beach and have maintained tall Casuarinas trees along our stretch of white sand to provide lots of shade. We have 14 condo units available on our rental property where you can enjoy the lowest density on the islands. You will never feel crowded, even when our condos on Grand Cayman are at full capacity. The Islands Club Condos in Grand Cayman will exceed your loftiest expectations. We invite you to join the large number of discriminating guests who return year after year to a place they call their home under the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Islands Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islands Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Islands Grand Cayman
- The Islands Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands