Our family of four stayed here for spring break (March 2013) and it was just excellent. The condo is clean and spacious, right on the beach, and in superb condition with excellent air conditioning (which was nice a few days). The staff at the front office is polite and helpful. Our plane was about 2.5 hours late and the staff did not leave until we arrived at about 7:00 p.m. on Saturday night. A very nice cleaning lady came two or three times to sweep out, clean the bathrooms, change the towels, and take out the trash. We had many nice meals that we cooked in the kitchen and many lovely evenings on the beach or the porch with a glass of wine and a beautiful sunset. The Kirk is the local grocery store and it's right down the street, although we recommend renting a car to get around (parking is plentiful at the condominium). Unlike other parts of 7 Mile Beach, the beach in front of the condominium is not crowded. That's because it's what I heard referred to as an "iron beach" with coral directly in the water, not soft sand. This is actually a good thing. It keeps the beach uncrowded and there are plenty of places to swim just up the beach. In fact, there's a little "harbor" created by boulders in the condo just next to the unit that you can use (the local law allows everyone to use the beach, owners can only exclude people from property above the high tide mark) and it actually leads out to a very nice reef where there is good snorkeling. Just be cautious of sea urchins which abound in the coral that is in that little "harbor" as well as the natural little harbor on the southern end of Grandview. And if you really want to go swimming, they have a very nice pool. All-in-all, this was just a fabulous place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your home away from home and personal vacation guides in the Cayman Islands with 2 and 3 bedroom condos with private patios and within walking distance to great restaurants, shopping and the town center. Unique in its concierge style approach to planning your getaway the Grandview's staff will ensure that your Cayman vacation is one you would love to have again. Come and let us spoil you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Grandview Condos Cayman Islands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grandview Condos Cayman Islands Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- The Grandview Condos Cayman Islands Grand Cayman