My husband and two adult sons (22 and 19) enjoyed 5 days in Condo #11. DPC is in a great location--just a touch off the busy touristy spots of Seven Mile Beach, but close enough to access great dining, shopping and activities.
Our condo was very clean and well appointed and the owners very thoughtfully provide coolers, blue ice and can coolies so you can enjoy refreshments on the beach without them getting warm or sweaty.
We rented two cars for our visit (we left DPC and headed to Rum Point for 5 days) and found plenty of parking and easy access to a grocery just up the road. The owners kindly let us stay past the appointed check out time of noon since we were unable to check into our RP condo until 3pm. It was nice to have a leisurely check out. We really appreciated their flexibility and willingness to please us.
The beach is nice, a tad rocky. There is a relatively rock-free entry point and if you snorkel straight out, will find some lovely corals full of very inquisitive colorful fish. We spotted an eagle ray and ocotopus, along with a large assortment of other creatures. An easy swim to the right and you'll find yourself at Cemetary Reef that is also home to a great collection of corals and creatures. The beach feels very safe and a number of guests would leave their personal belongings and towels under cabanas all day while they came and went. *hint* Get a cabana staked out early if you want shade!
We used the pool and hot tub quite a bit as well. I found the other guests to be very complimentary of DPC and chatted with many repeat visitors. The overall vibe of the place is very laid back, friendly, warm and accomodating. As much as we enjoyed our 5 days at Rum Point, we missed DPC and agreed we would return.
If you are looking for a dive company, my family used Dive Tech (for open water cert and a dive trip to Kittiwake and we were very pleased with them and their attention to detail and personal touch. We used Captain Marvin's for our obligatory (and much enjoyed) three stop trip to Stingray City and we enjoyed a (hot sweaty) walk thru the QE Botanical Gardens. The Blue Iguanas are like giant scaly puppies and come trotting up to you the minute you rest on a park bench. :-)
This was our third vacation to GC and our first at DPC and we were very happy with our condo choice. Thank you to the owners for providing such a lovely condo and accomodations.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Point Club Hotel
- Discovery Point Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Discovery Point Hotel
- Discovery Point Resort
- Discovery Point Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AMENITIES — THE DISCOVERY POINT CLUBStep outside for a leisurely stroll down Seven Mile Beach, or snorkel the beautiful reefs just off the beach. Our fresh-water pool and heated whirlpool spa are located on the beach where you can delight in our spectacular sunsets.Perfect your tennis on our two championship courts, or just unwind on our expansive, white sand beach. We offer a free high-speed internet connection (not available in studio units) for those that need to stay connected.Swim with the rays at Stingray City, golf at our island's two 18-hole courses, take a trail ride along the beach, or enjoy our world-famous scuba diving, sailing and water sports. Tour the island on a Cayman Safari Adventure. And, when you get hungry, find a Grand Cayman restaurant nearby to satisfy your appetite.All this just minutes away from your condo. Our friendly Caymanian staff will be more than happy to make all the arrangements for you.OTHER AMENITIESOceanfront on Seven Mile BeachIndividual Central Air ConditioningFresh Water Pool and JacuzziFree High-Speed InternetMaid Service (except Sundays)Children Under 12 FreeCribs/Rollaways Available at No ChargeFully Equipped KitchensCable TV2 Tennis CourtsPrivate Screened Patios/BalconiesGuest LaundryBarbecue Grills ... more less