“Amazing condo resort in the perfect location on seven mile beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Discovery Point Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seven Mile Beach
Discovery Point Club
Save Saved
You added Discovery Point Club to your Saves list
2043 West Bay Road, Seven Mile Beach KY1-1302, Grand Cayman   |
Special Offer
5TH NIGHT FREE
Los Angeles
“Amazing condo resort in the perfect location on seven mile beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 3 yr old spent a good 8 days in unit #10! This was our 2nd time here but a first for our little one. We had such a great time on this vacation! The condo itself was remodeled very modern with nice furniture. We were on the 2nd floor corner unit and the view was spectacular. Ollie and Ann-Rose were soooo sweet and accommodating in every way possible. We didn't arrive til late friday night and of course, Ann-Rose was up and waiting for us. I thought it was so sweet of her to wait to check us in. Our maid service was good too, she always came when we were out and about. I loved coming back to a clean condo. The location was great for us because we wanted something away from and the hustle and bustle of West Bay Rd. Discovery Point Club is great for families or for people who just prefer a relaxing and quiet vacation. The beach itself was nice. Always clear and pristine. My 3 year old had fun splashing in the shallowness of it. Although there are some rocks, its nothing to really be bothered by. Also, the snorkeling is really neat here as there are a variety of fishes. Another good snorkeling beach would be cemetery beach which is about a good 10 min walk from the resort. If you are looking to hang out in george town this is also a good place to stay too bc the drive is only 10 mins!!! coming from LA, 10 mins is nothing for us!!! Its like a drive to my grocery store! We are planning to return to the caymans and we will definitely stay here again! LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. Man, I miss it all!

Room Tip: Unit #10 is fully remodeled corner unit on the 2nd floor. The view of the beach is amazing and you c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

This was our 12th visit to Grand Cayman and have stayed at Discovery Point every time except our honeymoon 25 years ago and once when they were closed for remodeling. Always welcoming, like visiting friends. The staff are great. Really appreciate the rinse area for our dive gear.

• Stayed May 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great location, and great team onsite (Miss Ollie and Ann Rose). Seriously one of the very best beach locations in Cayman to stay on. The price is right and the size of the place is perfect. The beach sand is pristine and you are snorkel distance to cemetery reef.

Portage, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Been here twice. Will be back. Great beaches, snorkeling outside our unit we encountered many fish including sea turtles. Diane, Jerome, Ollie and the others are so helpful. The unit is nicely decorated, fully supplied and close to shopping but quieter than town. Read the cruise ship schedules and stay away from town on the busier days. Walking distance to Fosters Groceries. The unit is spotless and great cleaning staff. Thanks Diane!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just returned from our stay in Grand Cayman at Discovery Point Club, and we have so many wonderful pictures and memories. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, and we really enjoyed the large fruit basket upon our arrival. The condo, #43 was well furnished, clean and the kitchen had everything we needed. The ocean view was wonderful, and we spent most of our week going from the beach, to the ocean, to the pool. The snorkeling right off of the shore from DPC is excellent as well. No complaints, a wonderful getaway for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and loved our view, however staying on the first floor might have been ea...
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am a frequent vistor of the Cayman Islands and I just wanted everyone to know how great it is to stay at the Discovery Point Club. I always stay in unit #6, as it is beautiful, has everything you need for a wonderful stay and it is on the ground floor so only steps from the ocean. Discovery Point Club in on the northern end of 7 mile beach and it is quiet and private and has beautiful grounds. One of the best things about DPC is the office staff, Ollie and Annrose go out of their way to help you during your stay in any way they can. They truly are an asset to this condo community, and help you to navigate with any and all dealings with the islanders. I experienced some issues with the car rental company this trip and Ollie was instrumental in helping me to resolve the issue. But their expertise goes way above my personal issue, they are so informitive and help each guest to make your trip the "best" it could ever be.
I hope you all will consider DPC on your next visit.
PS Living the Dream divers are the best dive company. Try them, you will thank me later.

Room Tip: Unit #6 is the best!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have never written a review, but Discovery Point Club was so fantastic that I had to take the time to share my experience.

I stayed at Discovery Point Club for 10 days ending on 6 May 2013, and all I can say is that this place is just incredible! It is important to note that I am from Grand Cayman, born and raised, and I was amazed and impressed with the accommodation! I spent weeks researching a place to stay on West Bay Road, as my best friend from Bermuda was coming to visit Cayman for the first time and I wanted her to leave with a great impression of Grand Cayman (as you can imagine, Bermuda is stiff competition!).

When I came across Discovery Point, I was immediately interested in these condos because of the amenities listed on the website and the location seemed perfect, that is, we could still take advantage of the beautiful 7 mile beach, we could still be close to all restaurants/ activities on West Bay Road, but as the location is just past the 7 mile public beach there is more privacy providing an escape from the hype and crowd of the area of West Bay Road where most hotels are located.

Contacting the staff at Discovery Point was incredibly and surprisingly pleasant and easy. Everyone was professional, nice, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and responses were swift (which was not the case when I contacted the staff at other condos on West Bay Road, who were nowhere near as helpful and friendly as the staff at Discovery Point).

I viewed a unit at Discovery Point, had a tour of the grounds, and immediately fell in love when I saw the beach front and pool area. For a local resident of Grand Cayman, I can say I was absolutely in awe at the beach front. It is breathtaking. I decided that day that I had to stay at Discovery Point.

I stayed in unit 10, a 2 bed/2 bath unit which is professionally and beautifully furnished. This was particularly important to me because I wanted a condo which was not decorated with the usual flowery tourist décor. I did not view any other units at Discovery Point, but I viewed photos of other condos on West Bay Road and was not attracted to the floral patterns used for the furniture.

The checking in process was very smooth – they simply handed over the keys! There was a lovely fruit basket waiting in the kitchen with a card wishing us a great stay and the unit was spotless.

The pros:

- the balcony was a great size, and had a table with 4 chairs as well as a lounge chair and pool floats.

- All units are beach front.

- the kitchen was FULLY stocked. There was every pot, pan, dish and utensil we could possibly need, as well as all necessary appliances. All we actually had to buy was food!

- The maid service is definitely a plus. They did a fantastic job at cleaning up the place and making it spotless every time.

- There are TVs with cable in each room, and the living room had a DVD player and iPod speakers.

- There was a pull out bed in the living room.

- The staff is available 24/7, unlike other condos where the office is only open from 9am – 5pm.

- There were loads of chairs, tables and umbrellas on the beach for the guests to use.

- The gounds were always kept clean and the landscaping nicely done.

- The pool and beach area was always clean and the chairs always arranged after use.

- The pool was always a great temperature – never cold, not too warm, and still always refreshing. The pool and Jacuzzi were always clean with no sand or leaves and they both lit up different colours at night time.

- There are not many units so the pool and beach were never overcrowded and most times we found we had the area to ourselves.

- there is wifi in the unit as well as a landline

There were no cons.

To conclude, I would DEFINITELY recommend Discovery Point Club. As aforementioned, I'm from Grand Cayman and it speaks volumes that I was so impressed with Discovery Point. Being from the island, I was able to view various condos on West Bay Road and choose which beach view I thought would be perfect to wake up to and see each day, and Discovery Point was terrific in every way - the service was fantastic and the condo, grounds and pool/beach area were superb. My best friend was just as impressed as I was, and she has demanded that we stay at Discovery Point when she is next on island.

I will be staying at Discovery Point again in the near future. It was my home for 10 days and I was extremely sad to leave. It's the perfect spot on West Bay Road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Discovery Point Club? Share your experiences!