“Great place for all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Sands Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seven Mile Beach
Silver Sands Condominiums
Save Saved
You added Silver Sands Condominiums to your Saves list
2131 West Bay Road | PO Box 752WB, Seven Mile Beach KY1-1303, Grand Cayman   |
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have stayed at Silver Sands twice, both times in unit #23. Our last stay was for our anniversary and as it was the previous time a most enjoyable experience. The 2 bedroom 2 bath condo was very tastefully comfortable and well maintained. A short walk to the pool or the beach, you can snorkle on a small reef almost in front of the property. Close enough to either casual dining or if you like not much farther to more upscale places. We found the staff very friendly an met several very nice guests and ownwers. If you prefer privacy, you have it. My wife and I have been to many places over the years but have not found a more enjoyable atmosphere, needless to say we will go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have rented a condo at Silver Sands, #23, on Seven Mile Beach twice now, in 2010 and 2012, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Cayman after discovering this unknown paradise. This condo is so close to the pool and beach you are just steps away literally. The management is very accommodating of your needs and if you want to do a particular activity they will make sure they hook you up and with locals - not high priced "cruise boat prices! I had the luck of renting Unit #23 both times and it was so comfy, with ample kitchen, great room and 2 beds/2 baths - whole unit updated and an awesome patio poolside/ocean side to just sit on and watch the ocean in your own little private haven!!! The whole resident/renter/community are so friendly, unlike the "touristy accommodations" all over the island. Silver Sands is ideally located in that you are close to most activities on the island. I loved the private beach, the pool, the family activities that they offer without having to pay high end hotel/or other high end condo prices. I felt like I owned the place here! I will definitely be back as its my little paradise

Room Tip: Silver Sands is a small community (smile) but unit #23 was smack dab in front of pool, direct view t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A lovely, delightful complex. My son and I shared a two bedroom duplex and reveled in the view of the ocean. Total privacy, an almost private beach, hardly ever saw another guest. What a great hideaway. A tremendous find that is a mere four minute drive from the Westin and Ritz Carlton where we indulged in amazing scuba diving and other sports. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: If you have no problem with a short flight of stairs the views of the ocean on the second floor are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
gwenda e, General Manager at Silver Sands Condominiums, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hi Matthew, we are very happy that you enjoyed your first visit with us and look forward to seeing you both in the very near future.COME BACK AGAIN!!!!!!!

Gwenda & Oleta
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our group of 7 recently stayed for one week at the Silver Sands. For 4 of the group it was their first experience of Grand Cayman and they were amazed at the beaches, snorkeling, pool and tennis at the SS and of course the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. I have stayed at the SS a number of times over the years and rate them as my number one pick of any of the SMB offerings. The time there went all too quickly and we look forward to returning ASAP.

Room Tip: All units offer easy access to the pool, beach, barbeque grills,etc. Can;t go wrong with any select...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Richard, as always it is wonderful to see you and your family and we are looking forward to seeing you all very soon again.

Gwenda & Oleta
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I reserved a 3-bedroom condo on Februrary 18, only to have it cancelled on March 22. Though I wasn't advised at the time of booking, the property was apparently for sale and has now sold. By the time of their cancellation, no other 3-bedroom condos were available. The only accommodation offered was a 2-bedroom, which doesn't work for my group. No apology was even offered!

I'd sure like to know if the place is great, but with such horrible service, I certainly will never stay there to find out!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Brett, we do sincerley apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation may have caused to you.Unfortunately this situation was beyond our control and we do try to go above and beyond to accomodate all of our guest.We do hope you would reconsider visiting us and we extend our apologies again.
Winters, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Right on the beach, nice pool, plenty of lounge chairs/shade (cabanas and trees), never a wait for a hammock. Great BBQ facility on beach, with nice lit cabana for dining at night. Well-landscaped. 7 Mile Beach's powdery sands and easy-access snorkeling and diving are also fantastic. All of the units have ocean views. This is the quiet end of the beach. Dining on the beach (and more action in general) is just a 3 minute drive away.
I highly recommend:
Snorkeling from here and at Cemetery reef (5' walk to the north)
Seahorses (swim your horse out to sea)
La Brasserie
Both of the beach restaurants just to the south (a drive, not a walk)
The Botanical garden
Michael's Genuine Food
Books and Books (amazing!!!!)
Pencilman's cafe
Looking for the gigantic spiky orange male iguana that lives in the parking lot at Papagallo

Our unit, #24, was excellent except for the plastic covers on all of the mattresses. There's a very thin mattress pad, and then the mattress itself is completely enclosed in a heavy zipped up plastic thing. This sets up a vapor barrier that feels a little nasty, and also makes crinkly/rubbery sounds when you move. Some people don't mind these but I have a hard time sleeping on them. The staff told me this feature is unique to this unit. So if this is something you're looking for, this is the unit for you.

Room Tip: The units (like 24) in the middle of the complex are quite close to a busy highway, and the guest ro...
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I spent two weeks at Silver Sands, one week with my sisters and kids and the second week just with my kids and it was perfect. Beautiful condo - all the comforts you need on a beach vacation; lovely grounds and pool and the beach is the best part. It's the largest expanse of beach on the island and you feel like you have it all to yourself - especially compared to the other beach hotels and condos that have overcrowding on their small beaches. I have been to Cayman many times and would only recommend staying at Silver Sands.

Room Tip: I think we stayed in # 8 - it was great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Silver Sands Condominiums? Share your experiences!