We spent spring break in unit 18 with our 2 teens. We stayed down the beach at Avalon last year but they were full this year, and their beach reflected that. We liked the unit at the Avalon better, roomier & more luxurious, but the beach at Plantana was not as crowded and had better shade options. My only complaint was that the bbq grils burned charcoal, a gas grill is much nicer for vacation. We eat in to economise and having 2 grocery stores nearby is really great. The screen porch was great for dining & relaxing. Because of the sandy bottom the beach is wonderful to swim but not heavy on marine life but our teens spent 2 days dredging up cinder blocks and rocks and built an artificile reef about 50 ft out from the property line with "Great House" property, Check it out...after 2 days they had squirrel fish, parrotfish, a lg trunkfish, a school of small grunts, 2 octopi and squid. We dove with Patrick & Rick of Deep Blue Divers fun, very professional and no more than 6/trip.
- Also Known As:
- Plantana Condominiums Hotel
- Plantana Condominiums Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Plantana Condominiums Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantana is on the finest section of Grand Cayman's renowned Seven Mile Beach. Pristine white sand creates a wide and extensive beachfront and then extends right out into the ocean to form a lovely, rippled floor. Our area of low-rise, low-density properties presents you with that rare phenomenon: plenty of beach and swimming space to call your own. Plantana's mature plantings - colorful blooming shrubs, lofty arching palms and expansive lawns - graciously wrap our plantation style architecture to offer beauty, pleasure and tranquility that is now almost impossible to find elsewhere. Make your vacation home here at Plantana in a one, two or three bedroom condo. You'll agree: Plantana is beyond compare! ... more less