We chose Aqua Bay Club hoping for a serene and peaceful beachfront getaway. On the positive side, the accommodation was nicely furnished and clean. The staff was helpful responding to questions both before and after our stay. The beach was also beautiful while being reasonably close to good snorkeling at Cemetery Reef. We had our own rental car, which was an absolute necessity at this location. The resort is very close to a large grocery store and several excellent restaurants, but too far to walk.
However, there were several downsides:
1. Road noise - we could hear cars along the main road from the master bedroom. This would probably happen in any of the condos along the beach, unfortunately, as most are quite close to the main road.
2. Roosters - every morning around 6 am, roosters crowed loudly.
3. Construction next door - while not Aqua Bay's fault, there were whining saws and drills at the building next door that started around 7 am every day. We were not told about this when booking our stay and asked for a discount which was refused.
4. Chintzy on the small things - We paid $435/night for a party of 3, so we were expecting a certain level of luxury for that price. A small pack of shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion was provided at the beginning of the stay but for the master bath only. We were there for 8 nights so we asked for more shampoo and soap. While the staff did provide it for us, they made it clear that normally guests are expected to bring their own shampoo and soap. If we had been staying at a bargain place, we would have expected to bring our own shampoo and soap, but for when paying over $400/night, we were very surprised by this.
5. Safe in the room - not a major issue, but our safe broke about 5 nights into our stay. We reported it the same day but this was not taken care of by the time we checked out.
All in all, we felt that we paid a luxury price for an OK place. I would either stay somewhere nicer next time for the same money, or stay in a different condo for much less. We met several other people staying in condos along Seven Mile Beach who were paying far less than we did.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thanks for your feedback; your comments are very important to us and we appreciate your time in doing so. Following, please see response to your review.
Road Noise: We sincerely regret the disturbance, however, you are right that this would probably happen in any of the condos along the beach as most are close to the main road.
Roosters: Every since the major Hurricane Ivan in 2004, a few chickens/roosters relocated to the West Bay road strip for food and shelter. However, the Agriculture Department is looking into relocating these birds to a safer environment.
While the road noise and roosters are not a complaint for most of our guests, it can be an issue for a person who is a light sleeper. For future reference, you can always check our office for alternatives to help deal with these issues. It is our pleasure to make your stay most enjoyable.
Construction next door: Thank you for recognizing that Aqua Bay was not at fault. This was not mentioned at the time of your booking as we were not aware of any work in the area that was to take place for your period of stay. Apparently, our neighbors were completing some finishing work at their pool that originally was anticipated to have been done prior to your arrival. I am pleased to advise that all have been completed and there is no construction at Aqua Bay Club or our neighboring properties.
Chintzy on the small things: Making our guests feel most welcome and at home is our priority. Upon arrival our guests are welcomed with hand picked flowers or a gift, all compliments of Aqua Bay Club. For arrival, you were welcomed with a Cayman Islands natural bath and beauty products gift bag. While our property does not provide shampoo/conditioner and lotion (most condos don't) we do provide essentials such as: bath soap, toilet tissue, paper towel, facial tissue, dish liquid and dishwasher soap which are all replenished as needed free of cost.
Safe: Normally any issues with safes are corrected immediately. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if you were without this service at anytime. Management will look into this promptly for corrections.
With all being said we would like to reflect on the positive side as noted; the accommodations being nicely furnished and clean, the staff being helpful responding to questions both before and after your stay, the beautiful beach close to good snorkeling, our property being very close to a large grocery store and several excellent restaurants and also to mention the many other great reviews on this beautiful, intimate oceanfront property.
Again, we appreciate your comments and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back!
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.