We just returned from our second visit to Aqua Bay Club and really enjoyed everything! Obviously, our first visit went well too or we would not have returned.
Our condo (unit 7) was very clean and well furnished. Unit 7 is a ground floor walk out with easy access to the pool and beach. Units 8 through 22 (there is no # 13) offer better views of the ocean but require a 1 minute walk around the building to reach the water. Previously we stayed in unit 21 and honestly we're not sure what we liked better, the improved view from the third floor or the easy access of the ground floor.
The 2 bedroom units offer plenty of space for four adults or a family of 4. Some units have king beds and some offer twin beds. Ask Deena in the office what's available and she can direct you to the best unit for you.
The pool is big enough for everyone to enjoy and the beach area is clean. There are a lot of rocks at the water line so getting into or out of the ocean can be a bit tricky but the rest of the beach is soft sand (great for morning walks) and the rocks clear-up after you swim out a little bit.
Cemetery Reef is a short walk (5 minutes) to the north for excellent snorkeling. Take some fish food along and you have a lot of fish swim along with you. We also saw a sea turtle here. Two years ago we saw a ray. In June / July, the ocean is very warm and you can snorkel as long as you want without getting cold.
If you go into town, there is great snorkeling at Eden Rock (right in downtown) next to Paradise By the Sea restaurant. Be sure to get a drink and a meal after you swim!
ABC is far enough north on Seven Mile Beach to keep things quiet, even when there are 4 cruise ships in port. There is a Foster's grocery store just up the road for easy access to food. Also, there is a service on the island (BKM Limited) that will stock your condo with food prior to your arrival. The service is a little expensive but could be worth it if you are arriving late in the day or just hate the idea of going to the store first thing. ABC can help you contact the service or Google for info.
ABC is casual and quiet. There is very little noise after dark. During both our visits (both in June or July) ABC was about half full with mostly families. On both visits we found all the other guests to be friendly. Usually everyone hangs out at the pool and shares ideas about places to eat or things to do. Really neat atmosphere.
Finally, the staff at ABC is really great. We booked direct with them and had no issues. Deena will gladly work with you should you have any special requests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bay Club - Grand Cayman, is one of the most desirable short term rental luxury condominiums along World Famous Seven Mile Beach. It provides a perfect vacation gateway and assures tranquility as well as unspoiled beauty of the land and ocean. All of our 21 apartments are privately owned and are kept in impeccable condition. Guests will enjoy freshwater pool, Jacuzzi and plenty of sun or the shade of the Aqua Bay's tropical palms and thatched huts located in the court yard and at the waters edge. Now offering FREE high speed internet access in every unit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Aqua Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bay Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Aqua Bay Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands