Our first visit to the Cayman Islands and Aqua Bay Club. If you like your lodging a bit out of the mainstream of downtown, lots of people and noise, but still convenient to attractions, this is the place for you. Aqua Bay is conveniently located on north 7 Mile Beach - short drive north to grocery store, alcohol store, gas station and Turtle Farm attraction; short drive northeast to other attractions (dolphin swim, stingray city swim); and a moderately short drive to numerous restaurants, downtown and waterfront. If you go in the off season as we did, you get two free nights if you stay five!
Aqua Bay has 21 oceanfront condos on a beautifully appointed property. Tropical trees, plants and flowers. Private beach w/ cabannas, very nice pool and hot tub w/ outside shower and water hose stations to rinse off sand, porch or balcony w/ each unit; Wi-fi. All units are large and spacious, w/ two large bedrooms and two bathrooms. We had Unit 10 (second floor) - very nice and confortable, fully equipped kitchen (we ate our breakfasts and lunches in), great AC, fans in bedrooms and on porch. Unit even provides a wall safe to keep valuables secured. Although the ocean bottom off the beach has mostly stones and large flat rocks (water shoes needed) and then large underwater rock structures a bit further out, it is fantastic if you like to snorkle - we did it almost daily and witnessed many tropical fish, trumpet fish, flounder/flukes, schools of small and large fish, a lobster, a barricuda, and a small manta ray. Someone else reported a turtle. It was great.
Aqua Bay staff were incredible and you could not ask for better support during a vacation stay. Deena and Claudette were in the front office daily to assist with your every need - giving directions, restaruant and attraction recommendations, phone numbers, etc. Deena even had us follow her in her car to a recommended restaurant early in our stay before we were acclimated to travelling about, and Claudette assisted me in getting in contact w/ a professional birding guide. They were phenomenal. And the service staff was super as well, waiting to clean our condo when we were not in it, and providing fresh bath towels and beach towels daily.
If we visit the Cayman Islands again, we will be staying at Aqua Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bay Club - Grand Cayman, is one of the most desirable short term rental luxury condominiums along World Famous Seven Mile Beach. It provides a perfect vacation gateway and assures tranquility as well as unspoiled beauty of the land and ocean. All of our 21 apartments are privately owned and are kept in impeccable condition. Guests will enjoy freshwater pool, Jacuzzi and plenty of sun or the shade of the Aqua Bay's tropical palms and thatched huts located in the court yard and at the waters edge. Now offering FREE high speed internet access in every unit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Aqua Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bay Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Aqua Bay Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands