“Much Better Than Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   West Bay Rd, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Newbury Park, CA
“Much Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose Comfort Suites because we needed a hotel near the airport for one night, since we were staying on the East End for the rest of our trip. This hotel was the most affordable option for our needs. It turned out to be great! I thought we would have to cross a road to get to the beach, but the beach access is actually a short sandy path. Comfort Suites has a small number of lounge chairs on the beach reserved for guests, and on a busy Saturday morning, there were plenty of Comfort Suites loungers available. The breakfast was delicious, and I could see that the staff were working very hard to make breakfast a pleasant experience.
I only had two minor complaints. First was the noise. We arrived on a Friday night, so the in-house restaurant was very busy and loud. Thankfully, when happy hour ended at 9pm, the restaurant was quiet, and that night we had a very peaceful sleep. Although the room was quite clean, the bathroom floor was a little grimy. Overall, I was very pleased with our stay, and I felt it was a great value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear VAYKAFAM - Thank you for taking the time to review our property we appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, I will follow up on the bathroom floor. Again we appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and that you enjoyed your stay and we surpassed your expectations.
Thomas Mason CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel whilst I attended a conference. Staff were very helpful and friendly. My room and was clean and comfortable, and I had a pool side view! Free WiFi. There is a very short path to the beach from the pool. Breakfast was great, many choices on the menu. Due to a flight delay, I reached the hotel a day later than expected. I called before hand to inform them about this, past the cancellation time, and was told that they will take it into consideration. I was very pleased that when I received the bill I was not charged for that night. I recommend the Comfort Suites hotel if you are visiting the Grand Cayman.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Erica Beache - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and also for your kind comments with regards to our teams performance. We are glad that you enjoyed our service and also your stay.
Tom Bean, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our first day going to Grand Cayman was rough we got lost in the construction at DFW airport and when we checked in , we were late and last ones to check in , but we made the flight . When we arrived at the Grand Cayman , I went to get the rental car I reserved and went to go check it out they didn`t have any GSP Navigators available , which I specifically requested on my reservation. We tried to go the hotel with some directions that the Rental car agent gave us , we got lost and we were going the opposite direction that we were needed to go . By the time we got to the Hotel Comfort Suites we were a wreck after 10:00 PM, but the young lady at the desk was understanding and friendly , she assured everything was going to be fine, and gave us some suggestions for our stay here in the Caymans. We did enjoy the rest of our stay there , thanks to "Annie" , the young lady at the front desk when we first arrived.The breakfast buffet was excellent , don`t miss it , wake up in time for it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear LloydE - Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and recognistion. Annie will be thrilled with this. The breakfast boys also appreciate your support, they work very hard with the breakfast to give our guests a superb breakfast with real Cayman hospitality. Again thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Lawton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed there in June and were very pleased. The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The kitchen staff at breakfast was fantastic and they kept everything fresh and stocked, no matter how many people were in the dining room. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Wendy S - Thank you for your kind feedback and review of our hotel. The breakfast boys and team will be thrilled with your review. We appreciate your recognition of the hard work of the whole team and also that our efforts are being recognised.
Thank you again.
Yours in hospitlaity
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for a bachelorette party at the end of May and we had rooms in both the Marriott and the Comfort Suites. Comfort Suites had free WiFi throughout the premises (Marriott only had it in the lobby) and a hearty complimentary breakfast every morning (you have to pay for your breakfast next door). Rooms were clean and the staff were always helpful although they didn't have a concierge. The property is not on the beach but it's only about 20 steps away through a walkway next to the pool. We enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi, and the hammocks in the back. The waitress / bartender at Stingers were not friendly when we stopped by to take a look at the menu and ask about the happy hour special. They rather help everyone else but us so we didn't eat / drink there at all during the stay.

Comfort Suites is conveniently located, we enjoyed Coconut Joe's across the street and walked to all the other restaurants and nighttime activities. The beach here is the best spot to snorkel and see fish. All in all, a nice inexpensive option, I wouldn't mind staying here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Mindyesque - thank you for your support and kind review your feedback is appreciated and we will share this with whole team.
We are glad that you you enjoyed your stay, our location, breakfast, rooms and value. We do have a concierge who operates out of our on site dive shop, we are sorry that we did not make this available to you, Chip can book all excursions for Grand Cayman. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you all back again some time in the near future.
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have had a brilliant stay at the Comfort Suites, will definitely stay here when we return to Grand Cayman. Rooms clean and comfortable, staff very helpful, pool and jacuzzi area good,but what really created the wow factor and is this hotels point of difference was Jerome, Martin and Chazz who worked tirelessly each day in the breakfast buffet. Nothing was too much trouble, hot food was great, tables quickly cleaned after the previous guests Jerome cooks a mean omelette and some interesting home fries with his secret recipe spice! Thanks guys.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guests - thank you for your kind review. The breakfast team will be thrilled with your feedback! Thank you fro choosing to stay with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here while on a business trip. It was an excellent stay. I was simply amazed at how nice the accommodations were at a reasonable price. The rooms are spacious enough and main suite and bathroom was clean. Normally i have problems with carpeted flooring since it aggravates my sinus but I felt no congestion when I stayed here which (to me) meant that the carpets were definitely clean.

There were large screen LED t.v in both living room area with full cable including premium channels. I liked that. The bed looked good (I particularly liked the modern looking headboard) and it was comfortable with clean sheets and lots of pillows. There are other amenities such as iron with ironing board. Hair Dryer a makeup mirror countless towels of various sizes and a copious amount of electrical outlets in the suite. In all the suite had a "modern" look to it.

There is a pool, Jacuzzi, a poolside restaurant (the food is quite good)and private access to the beach, fitness centre ... etc etc. I can go on whole day about it... I just liked the environment of the place.

The staff were Top notch. They were all so courteous and helpful. The front desk staff were always kind and patient even with excessive questions and problems and even in organising an early (4:45 am) taxi for us. I mean i know these things are standard but it is the way in which it is done; with professionalism.

The breakfast staff were very accomodating to all requests that were thrown and them. They were also quite courteous, helpful and pleasant folk to talk to.

Special mention must be made about Annie (i think) at the front desk and Denise of the floor 2 housekeeping team. They were always so nice to interact with and always helpful with a smile. My brief interactions with them were quite memorable and made a lasting impact on my view of the staff.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE....
- The air conditioning worked in conjunction with a ventilation fan in the bedroom. They both turn on at the same time and make quite a racket (fan in particular) which can be a bother to light sleepers (luckily I am not one of those).

-The website advertises that the hotel offers free complimentary wireless internet. This is not true. It works out to be 0.01 USD (per device logged on it seems) which eventually ended up being 0.17 USD on my checkout bill. One may say this is a negligible cost but it is the principle of the matter. FREE means 0.00 and not a cent more. Don't advertise "free" wireless when it is NOT free... better to use terms such as "Nominal fee" or "small fee".

-No balcony (minor matter)

-The desk chair in my room looked old and somewhat worse for the wear. It should be replaced in-keeping with the modern decor of the rest of the suite.

Like i said I can go on all day about how I like the place so I will end by saying overall I must say that I enjoyed my stay at Comfort Suites and am already making plans to stay here again but for a vacation this time. I will certainly recommend here for anyone looking for great accommodations and Top class service at an affordable price in the Cayman Islands.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Francis083 - Thank you for your kind review and feedback on my hotel. Annie will be thrilled with your comments. I would like to appologise for the internet. The 0.17 cents should have been taken off your account. Our system has to have a value to verify the guest logging on is a guest in the hotel. This was the only way we could do this. If this is not done, the wifi is available for outside guests to log on with no verification and this zaps up the band width and speed for the guests. Please contact me at comfort@candw.ky and I will ensure that this is corrected for you. Our wifi is free for our guests not 0.01 cent per use.
Again thank you for choosing to stay with us, the team will be over the moon with your review. Thank you very much.
Thomas Mason CHA

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!