Finally getting to do my review from our week stay in April. As soon as you walk in, you can tell that a lot of time and money went in to renovating this hotel. Lobby area and grounds are very neat and clean. Check in was a breeze. We got in early before the rooms were ready, and they took our bags for us. Went to Stingers by the pool, and this place is another hidden gem on the island (more on that soon). The room couldn't have been better. Big and clean. The bed was more comfortable than most over-priced hotels I've stayed at in my life. The staff was very friendly and attentive for the entire time you are there. As far as access to the beach, its easy. Walk by the pool and down the little path, and that's it. If you want to walk out your door and on to the beach, there are a few places you could go spend upwards of $4000 for the week on the island. Go right ahead, I bet ya the service there is nothing like what you get here. Top notch here. Example: We were supposed to go to Florida in July. While we were here, we decided we wanted to come back here. the staff helped us book a room, AND helped us change our flights. Kaye White was just awesome with the service she provided to my wife and I. Cannot wait another 3 weeks to be back "home"!
Stingers-Definitely go. You would not expect to get this type of food at a pool-side bar. The chef is just amazing, and the quality of his food is among the top on the island. We ate at 2 "fine dining" restaurants on the island, and no joke, the food at Stingers was better. The bartenders are fun too.
Ambassadors Dive Shop-You MUST do the Stingray City tour. You can tell that the people that run this place genuinely love what they do. Informative and entertaining. Never for a second felt like that they were doing a "job", felt like friends taking you out on their boat for the afternoon and showing you some cool stuff.
As far as some other reviews I've read on here, I will say this, yes, the area of beach that CS has is a little small, but so? Seven Mile Beach is 5 and a half miles long. If you are on the island for a week and you limit yourself to just the beach at the hotel, then you are missing out on one of the best beaches in the world. And if your biggest concern is an internet connection for your kids while in GRAND CAYMAN, then you've got bigger problems than an internet connection.
And as far as why so many people write reviews about this place? The staff doesn't tell you to. The experience you have here makes you want to tell others about it here. This hotel really makes you fell like you are their top priority.
Big thanks to Kaye, Tomas, and the entire staff here. See you in 3 weeks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands