“A Comfortable Stay at the Comfort Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   West Bay Rd, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
“A Comfortable Stay at the Comfort Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed six nights at this property while vacationing in Grand Cayman. We checked in with no problem and had a room on the 5th floor (I had emailed in advance to request an upper floor; the request was granted). The room itself was quite clean. We had a full view of the pool and a partial view of the sea. Our A/C unit worked well. The housekeeping was done daily around 1:00. The housekeepers did a great job! Having a fridge in the room was a nice bonus as we used it for water, etc. This was a great cost-saving measure as we bought drinks at the supermarket to take to the beach. It is apparent that the room had been recently updated and was well-appointed for the Comfort Suites brand. The daily included breakfast was sufficient and met the brand-standard for Comfort Suites. It included hot eggs and one daily hot accompaniment, two varieties of waffles, a variety of toastable breads, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, three cereals, cut and raw fruits, oatmeal, juices, and coffee/tea/hot cocoa. Everything was stocked and fresh. We had no trouble finding a table but the breakfast room was busy at all times. The breakfast was also a great cost-saver! The path to the beach was a 30 second walk and was no issue. The beach area for this hotel itself is very small but we were able to get chairs and an umbrella each day. Getting an umbrella simply required a stop at the front desk to ask for assistance. Seven Mile Beach is unmatchable for its fine sand and clear water. We snorkeled right off of the beach and saw a wide variety of fish. Towels for the beach are provided and can be checked out for the entirety of the stay. Exchanging for fresh towels was also just a quick stop at the front desk; we did this frequently. The grounds of the hotel are well-maintained. We saw staff hard at work cleaning, cutting, and trying hard to make the property an inviting place. Our experiences at the front desk were generally quite good with one exception (I'd love to name the person but her nametag simply said "Trainee"). Each time we encountered this woman she mumbled/grumbled, never smiled, and acted as if we were bothering her to exchange towels, etc. On our last night a folio for express checkout was slid under our door as is the case for most hotels. We received somebody else's bill (luckily there was no credit card on the bill). I took the other person's bill to the front desk to turn it in. "Trainee" did not apologize for the error and did not offer to print my bill. I asked for my bill. She grumbled and printed one. She handed it to me and walked away. It is of note that this woman was the exception to the rule as all of our other encounters with staff members were positive and reinforced the welcoming nature of the staff. The Comfort Suites is a bargain compared to other corporate/branded hotels on the island. We enjoyed out stay and felt that we got what we paid for. We would return to this property.

Room Tip: Request an upper-level room in advance via email.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Daer H533 - Thank you for your kind review and feedback. It is great to recieve this from a senior reviewer. I will share your comments with the whole team. We appreciate yuo choosing to stay with us.
Thomas Mason CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Burkesville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We used the Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach as a place to stay while in transit coming and going as we were on a mission in Cuba with a network of churches. We found the hotel clean, comfortable, pleasant, with a nice breakfast, bar with food, and a very short walk to the beach and hospitable staff. It is close by fine dining establishments of every variety.
We had a nice sized group so we were able to negotiate for a lower price, which I still feel is quite high, but I live in Kentucky where hotel rates are much lower.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear RTWILSON - Thank you for your kind review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your feedback with the whole team. Cayman does have a much higher cost of living than the US. With our dollar always fixed 20% above the US$ and shipping charges and custome duty being applied to all items that come in, it is a more costly environment to operate a business, hence our higher rates than in Kentucky. We do pride ourselves on offering the best rates and value on the island, with breakfast and wifi included as well as our great beach side location, we feel our hotel is hard to beat for value.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After lots of TripAdvisor research, the Comfort Suites, was our choice for the best bang for our buck on Seven Mile Beach. You never know what you get, until you’re actually there, and we are happy to say that the Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach exceeded our expectations. Before we traveled there, Kaye White, Director of Sales, was very helpful in responding quickly to our emails and giving up helpful travel advice. This courtesy was also reflected by the staff. From the front desk, to the bar by the pool, to the housekeeping, and any employee you met walking through the halls. Everyone was very courteous. Our 4th floor room, overlooking the pool, also gave us a glimpse of the ocean (see photos).
Breakfast: Although not spectacular, but included in the price, breakfast did fill us up. Best description I can give is that it’s a continental breakfast (breads/pastries, juices, coffee/tea, fresh fruit, waffle maker, hot scrambled eggs, and other hot side dish that varied by day, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, and cereal). For us, on some mornings, the breakfast held us over until dinner.
Rooms: Quiet (but that depends on your neighbors. We had a loud neighbor one night). Very clean rooms. Housekeeping was excellent. Nice small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.
Location: For the price, we think it was great. Although it’s by the beach, the walk to the beach must be less than 100 yards. In my opinion, I would rather walk that distance rather than stay at a neighboring hotel that charges a lot more. We also had easy access to the public bus stops, and ended up renting a car for 2 days, from Andy’s Rental across the street.
The only complaint I had was that I asked for a 7:15am wake up call. It’s an automated system, which woke us up that night sometime between midnight and 2am. I mentioned it to the front desk the next day, and it seems like they were aware of the situation and that we weren't the only ones to complain. Thankfully we set the radio clock alarm.
We would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Blue eyes67 - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apprecaite your feedback and thank you for your kind comments which will be shared with the whole team. Thank you for staying with us.
Las Colinas - DFW, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here in two rooms, one for my parents one for my wife. The hotel lobby is cramped, and can get very busy at checkin and breakfast. I had a nice time feeding the chickens outside with cheerios from the breakfast. Overall its a decent night sleep, in a smaller sized room, in walking distance from the beach. This hotel is near the beach, (you don't have to cross the street), but its got another building between it and the beach.

I thought the dining options in walking distance were kind of expensive, but I had sticker shock with many meals on Grand Cayman.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear UptownMatt - thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. With our lobby we are just like any other Comfort Suites property in the US, in terms of lobby size,we also have our breakfast room which offers casual and table seating for about 45 people which is attached to the lobby to handle additional guests as well as an outside patio with seating for another 36 people. We dont have a huge lobby like the full service properties on island, but our price and value reflects this, I guess it comes down to persoanl choice and how much you wish to pay for a grand entrance lobby.
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Though I was not sure I would like the hotel as much as my husband did on his previous visit I was surprisingly pleased with it overall. In terms of cleanliness and the housekeeping staff, especially Coral who was very nice you couldn't ask for a better place to stay with reasonable prices. We had maid service every single day and they actually put fresh sheets every day which most hotels don't do anymore.
We stayed in a studio suite so there was a kitchen with microwave, toaster, fridge, sink and basic dishes. The only thing missing was a stove if you like to cook on your trips, though that's not for me. If you want to plan any tours you can go right next door to the Marriott and use their concierge which we did. The hotel doesn't have a spa but the Marriott's is very conveniently located right next door. The reception desk staff were very accommodating and polite.
All in all I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor (5th floor) because when the Marriott Hotel has their dance parties the music is...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Josephine - thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know when you wish to return, the 1 and 2 bedroom suites do offer a full kitchen, with stove, fridge, micro and dishwasher. This room type may have been more suitable to your needs. Again thank you for the feedback and for choosing to stay with us.
Sonoma Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wanted to send a Birthday Wish to a friend of mine staying at the Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach. Emailed my request which was taken by Kaye White Director of Sales. She immediately replied back to me saying "Absolutely"! A few minutes later she replied " I just sent the message"! Living 5,000 miles away and taking a request which meant a lot was really gratifying. My friend got the Birthday wish and they had a great time staying at the Comfort Suites! Now I personally haven't stayed there but if the Hotel follows the lead of Kaye, It must be fantastic. I will stay there just for this reason! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Darren10 - thank you for your kind comments and feedback. This will be passed on to Kaye.
Massapequa Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I wanted to go the the Cayman Islands for over 20 years and this hotel made it financially possible! For my "chillcation" I had a clean suite with a GREAT AAA rate in an EXCELLENT location. I stayed there from May 16th to May 20th. The suite was clean and had a separate bedroom with a kitchen that included a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove, pots, dish and silverware if one so chooses to cook on vacation! You could have groceries delivered or walk to all types of restaurants. A free breakfast was helpful in reducing the expense. As a woman traveling by herself I also felt quite safe staying at this hotel. Yes, their beach is small but flexibility to anywhere you travel is helpful. There is plenty of public beach to park yourself on! The pool area provided shade in the hottest part of the day so you could still relax outside. The poolside restaurant/bar had good food and very convenient if you wanted to "stay in". They also sold ice cream and there were candy and soda/water vending machines. The bus stops were convenient to the hotel. The cost was $2CI for every trip no matter the distance traveled. The taxi from the airport was $18.75US for a single traveler. Shopping is located in Georgetown (2 miles from the hotel) or you can walk to a new shopping center, Camana Bay. Camana Bay has shops, restaurants, and a cinema. There is also a dive shop that you can also walk to that sells anything you may need for a day on, in or at the water. The onsite dive stop had reasonable prices $48US for their 2-1/2 hr. snorkel - Sting Ray City tour which included the snorkel gear. Mike was an excellent guide and the small group (9 of us) had a great time. I don't snorkel so I can't speak about that. I would definitely recommend this hotel to budget conscious travelers and would stay there again if I ever to to the Cayman Island again. If I could offer one suggestion to the hotel, it would be for them to figure out a way to dampen the noise of the A/C units when they are running.

Room Tip: On the 5th floor facing south (toward Georgetown) you can get a glimpse of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Marilyn B - Thank you for your kind review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our value and price allowed you to visit Cayman. I will share your feedback with the whole team.
Thank you again.
Turtle Nest Inn
#1 of 1 in Bodden Town
5.0 of 5 stars 1,161 reviews
Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort
Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Reso...
#3 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 3,455 reviews
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,248 reviews
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
#5 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 871 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!