Overall the place was nice. For what you pay, I'd have to imagine it is the best deal on the island.
1. Cost is obviously #1 pro
2. Beach access is actually just as fast as if you were staying at another hotel and had to walk from your room to the beach. Walk is very short.
3. Free breakfast. And snacks throughout the day if you take stuff back up with you. Can't beat that.
4. Pool area is decent and they have their own dedicated bar/restaurant in the pool area.
Room was neither a pro, nor a con. It was what you'd expect for what you pay. If you are spending a lot of time in the room, though, then why are you in Grand Cayman?
1. While beach access is close, it is tiny. Essentially, the path down to the beach is between the Marriott and a set of private condos. The amount of beach space they have is about twice the width of that path. Not a dramatization. Of course, this is one reason why the place is so cheap so it is what it is. Just saying... If you want to sit down by the water, get there early.
2. Stuff will go wrong. Again - what I'd expect for what we paid. But for the love of God, we had to get new key cards made EVERY DAY to get back into our room. And to the manager who will undoubtedly respond to this post... no. No matter how many times the front office desk asked us - they were not next to our credit cards or some electronics that may have wiped the card clean. They were in a pocket by themselves. And without fail, 1/2 of the times we tried to get into the room we would have to go back downstairs and get new keys made.... each time with a different excuse/explanation for what happened. It seems like a petty thing to complain about, but after the 6th or 7th time?... come on people. Anyhow.
3. Our A/C also completely went out the last night we were there. To the hotel's credit, they got us a another room just down the hall.
Overall, we had a great trip. If you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place to lay your head while spending all day outside, then this place is great. So long as you are okay with a few bumps along the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands