My wife and I stayed here with our 3 yr old boy for 10 days in April 2013.
This was a straight choice between here and the Sunshine Suites. People researching a stay in Cayman will know that these are two of the cheaper options on the island.
We chose Comfort Suites due to it's location. Closer to George Town and within walking distance of restaurants and Camana Bay.
The Comfort Suites did not disappoint. Clean, tidy and with a free breakfast. No small matter on an island that has astronomical charges for food and drink at the best of times!
We anticipated that the breakfast would be okay once of twice but the majority of breakfasts would be at nearby restaurants. Not so.
The young guy that cooks the eggs knows what he's doing. They were some of the best scrambled eggs I've ever had.
The Suites also has free Wifi, and beach towels, pool noodles/lidos for the little ones.
The building is not beach front per se, but merely a 10 second walk from the pool area.
At the beach there are free sun beds to use where the odd-job man will also drill a hole for your umbrella shade.
The Stingers Restaurant is quite pricey for what they serve up, but this is just the norm for the whole island. There is nowhere on this Island where you can eat and NOT feel like you're being overcharged.
My only gripe was that there was no bath in the suite. Showers only, which was a shock to my 3 year old's system. That a the pool is a little on the small side.
All in all, a decent place to stay, no frills, with some nice extra touches
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands