When the last of our four children became engaged in December, we began to search the Caribbean for the ideal location for the wedding and we were getting pretty discouraged as nothing seemed to fit the bill ... until we just happened to find Caribbean Club on Trip Advisor, purely by chance! The more we read, the more it seemed like the perfect place ... so my husband, my daughter and her fiance and I decided to take the trip down to see whether it's really as good as it appears ...
We have been to most of the Caribbean islands over the past 30 years or so and nothing compares to the beauty of Grand Cayman - and most particularly to Caribbean Club. You won't find any unsavory solicitors on the beach - or on the island for that matter - but rather a mixture of Americans, Europeans and Canadians, some of whom now make Grand Cayman their home. And at Caribbean Club you will not be bothered by large crowds but will be able to enjoy the luxury of personal enjoyment!
We had made our arrangements with Danielle prior to our trip down and when we arrived at Caribbean Club in the evening we were warmly greeted and escorted to our fabulous suite in the Tower ... it was even more beautiful than the pictures! And the view from our HUGE balcony was spectacular ... the sunset in the evening and the calm, deep blue beauty of the Caribbean in the (always!) sunny morning. Our suite was immaculate - and cleaned every day as well!! - and decorated beautifully, like something from a magazine. It's so large that I actually counted all the available seating - the lounges, chairs, table and chairs on the balcony; the counter stools, the dining room table and open-floor plan seating in the living room - and you could (if you wanted!) seat 30 people without sacrificing space or climbing over one another! What a perfect setting for families and friends to gather yet you have the privacy of your OWN bedroom and your OWN bathroom! We all had the feeling we were in a luxurious beach house rather than a hotel ... spectacular!
During our stay we walked up and down seven mile beach 'inspecting' and actually visiting all the other hotels located on this fabulous spot ... not ONE of the other hotels was nearly as beautiful as ours! Sure, there's a Ritz, but their beach had rows of chairs along the beach lined up 3 and 4 deep ... and I counted over 80 chairs in the first row alone!! If you want crowds, then maybe the Ritz is for you. If you want luxurious privacy, Caribbean Club is for you!
We were on Grand Cayman 5 nights and ate at Luca two of those nights ... it was fabulous both times! Generally food in the Caribbean isn't all that great - with some exceptions, like Aruba - but all the dinners we had on Grand Cayman were wonderful. Dining at Luca was by far the best of them all! Paolo and his staff are friendly and attentive and make you feel as tho you're a 'regular' ... the food was served beautifully and tasted superb! Just the best!!
Danielle at Caribbean Club also makes you feel as tho you're a 'regular'. There's no stuffy staff here ... just classy attention to detail. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate, the location is the best on seven mile beach and the accommodations are beyond compare.
After 5 nights, we decided this is the PERFECT place for the wedding ... elegance, beauty, the best accommodations and the best dining ... wonderful staff with whom to work...
We booked the wedding at Caribbean Club and the reception with Luca ... wedding on the beach, cocktails around the infinity pool, candlelit dinner on Luca's patio and dancing in Luca!
Stay at Caribbean Club ... you will NOT be disappointed ... this is the best of the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Club is a luxury Hotel offering 1-3 bedroom Villas and suites located in the heart of Seven Mile Beach. Each suite has a large living room with full equipped gourmet kitchen and a beautiful balcony furnished with dinning table and lounge chairs overlooking Seven Mile Beach.The Oceanfront Villas build directly on to the white sand of Seven Mile Beach offer wrap around patios with direct walk-out on to the beach or breath taking views.Beach service, lunch and dinner is served by LUCA our onsite Restaurant.We will cater to your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Caribbean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Caribbean Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands