“The absolute BEST!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Club

Save Saved
You added Caribbean Club to your Saves list
Caribbean Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   871 West Bay Road, Seven Mile Beach KY 1 1202, Grand Cayman   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
New York City, New York
“The absolute BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I were married here at the end of June, and had the reception at LUCA. WE booked the location based on reviews and my gut feeling after communication with Danielle (never visited before the wedding), and I am SO glad we did. Our friends and family are still raving about the accommodations and service, and we want to make it an (at least) annual trip. This is an ideal spot for a family or group vacation given the 3 room setup. Words and pictures really can't do this place justice. We moved to the Ritz on our wedding night, and were so disappointed compared to Caribbean Club that we cancelled and returned to CC. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. There's just something extra special about it - it's more than a hotel and we will definitely be back! LUCA is really fantastic, too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
caymanbeachgirl, Manager at Caribbean Club, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi Amanda and Chris,

Thank you for trusting in us and planning your Cayman Destination wedding without ever having been here before. It was an amazing celebration and you created long lasting memories for you, your family and friends. Loved seeing the pictures, just beautiful! Thank again for choosing the Caribbean Club and Luca for your Destination Wedding.

We can't wait to welcome you back for your 1st anniversary!

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Amazing apartments, extremely spacious, clean, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The hotel is perfectly located on Seven Mile Beach and, unlike many of the hotels along the stretch, isn't 'cluttered' with rows of sun beds. That said, there are more than enough beds to accommodate guests irrespective of the time of day. The service and quality of food at Luca's is fantastic, although Eduardo's opposite and Deckers, just 10 mins walk, is equally as good. The only criticism I have is that we had a ground floor apartment on the corner of the main tower and, although the interior was perfect, the noise from the road when sat on the patio, could be quite noisy. Despite the picturesque setting, at certain times of the day it did feel like we were trying to relax on the side of a motorway which was a huge shame & this would make me think twice about returning. I have stayed at many other locations which has truly provided a more peaceful and idyllic setting. That said, this noise may just affect the corner apartments so, if possible, opt for either beach front rooms or mid front tower apartments.

Room Tip: Preferably avoid low corner rooms, unless directly on the beach as these can be affected by road noi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a Tripadvisor revue, sharing your experience Caribbean Club experience with other travelers, it's much appreciated.

Glad to hear that you were able to enjoy Luca's Sunday Brunch. We are proud that it has become the most thought of Sunday Brunch on Island. When planning your next trip we recommend to have our concierge book Brunch for you right away, since it is often sold-out.

We are looking forwards to hearing from you and assisting you on planing your next vacation.

Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

"You have to leave so you can come back" were the words of comfort Kristal imparted to me the night before we left while she was printing our boarding passes. Before that, I must admit to my embarrassment I was crying (just a little) because our flight home was the next afternoon. I planned our Grand Cayman vacation for months. My husband and three children (aged 16, and twin boy and girl 5-year-olds) traveled with my son's therapist. He is autistic and it is not easy even in this 'age of acceptance' to find some place so welcoming to a special needs child. Of course, he was always supervised and actually one of the more well-behaved children at the beach and pool. Danielle, the manager who helped us make our initial reservation, was off island. Brett, the acting manager, could not have been more caring and professional in dealing with our special needs (and wants). What can I say about the property? The pictures speak for themselves - it's gorgeous. What pictures cannot 'speak' is the feeling you get after only a day or two that you are 'home'. I cannot remember the last time I felt so relaxed, rejuvenated yet energized all at the same time - and believe me with a 16 year old girl, and twin 5 year olds one of whom is autistic - that is no small feat! I am planning our next visit to the Caribbean Club, and I think that it will become our new 'home away from home'. In a word, the property, staff, accommodations - FANTASTIC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Caribbean Club for your family vacation. I am sorry I didn't personally get to meet you but I hope to have the opportunity on your next visit.

Hi, this is Kristal,
It was great having you all here with us and I am so happy that you and your family were able to truly enjoy your well deserved vacation.

As emotional as it was to watch you cry when you were departing, it was also heartwarming to know that we helped to make this such a memorable family vacation.

I hope this puts a smile on your face today, after all remember this little quote “in order to come back you have to leave” J.

We can’t wait to welcome you all back to your “home away from home”.

Kristal
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Absolutely loved our stay at the Caribbean Club. The staff are great, in particular Birnie and Jamie. Both went out of their way to make our stay more enjoyable. Birnie, I hope you got your car fixed! Our room was amazing and we loved eating all our meals on the balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. The beach was one of the best I've been to. Many reviews say to stay away from SMB because it's too crowded but for me it was much better than staying in the Rum Point area. Rum Point is a great place to go for a day trip (RP Wrecker's Bar makes the best mud slides!!) but if you love walking or running along the beach, SMB is the place to be. I stayed at Cayman Kai last year and decided to try SMB this year. Yes Cayman Kai area is very quiet but at SMB you are so close to everything. Cayman Kai you have to drive everywhere. The grocery store and liquor store were across the street from the Caribbean Club and there are so many restaurants to choose from. We ate at Luca, Deckers and Sunshine Grill and enjoyed all three. Loved Camana Bay for shopping.
I would definitely recommend the Caribbean Club for it's personalized high level of service, FANTASTIC, SPACIOUS rooms and it's location on the beach. You won't find a better place on SMB. Who wants to stay at the Ritz where the beach chairs sit row upon row on the beach with thousands of guests. I would much rather stay at a smaller luxury hotel where they know your room number and name without you telling them. Thank you Jamie and Birnie for making our vacation extra special! We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, centre and had a great view of the pool, beach and ocean. Higher floors...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Caribbean Club for your vacation and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I must agree with you Seven Mile Beach is beautiful, when ever we travel and visit other beaches we usually comment: how "our beach" never gets crowed and walking freely on the soft white sand, without somebody trying to sell something, with the turquoise water touching your toes never gets old!

I shared your revue with Bernie and he wanted to let you know that, Yes, he finally got his car fixed, which he is very happy about!

We look forwards to welcoming you back.

Stay warm,
Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We chose this hotel over the Ritz. Although there are no facilities such as a spa, etc, the restaurant is above average and the bar stocks everything that you could ask for. The villa was like a home. It was both roomy and comfortable. It was spotless, and easy to get to.

What made the difference in our stay was our helper/concierge, maitre'D, whatever you want to call him. He made the trip worthwhile. We asked for places to eat where locals eat. We asked for places to go that weren't a rip in terms of price. We asked for businesses to patronize to give us the best deals (jet ski rentals).

Ask for him upon check-in, and keep asking for him. If they send someone else, ask again.

BIRNIE, (thats how his name is spelled). Birnie made the difference in our trip.

We have stayed in resorts all over the world. We have NEVER had the level of service that Birnie displayed for us. We wanted to bring him home with us, and it almost brought tears to our eyes when we had to leave. I don't think that the management knows what they have, in an employee like him. He did our grocery shopping. He set up our beach chairs, He did everything that could be asked, and more.

Birnie, Thank you. We miss you. God bless you. YOU are what defines service. You set the bar high for others to reach.

Ask for Birnie and your trip will be a gem.

The hotel is ideally situated on 7 mile. The grocery store is across the street. Excellent spas are also across the street, as well as down the beach at the Ritz.

For jetskis, use action sports for the 3 hour $300 deal. Don't go with Red Sail, way too expensive.

In general, the Cayman Islands are overpriced. I don't mind paying for expensive things. Thats my lifestyle. I hate overpricing. If a can of Arizona tea says 99 cents, there shouldn't be a label on it that says $1.79. Nutrigrain bars shouldn't be $6.00.

Overall the hotel was everything that we expected. Upscale to the max. It rivaled the rooms in our own home.

Enjoy.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, oceanfront with a wrap-around porch also overlooking the pool. Besides...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
caymanbeachgirl, Manager at Caribbean Club, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you so much for complimenting the services you received from Bernie, I have shared your revue with him and thank him also in your and my behalf for offering outstanding service.
On your next stay you may enjoy an in-house massage by Phyllis of Blissful Touch, she is amazing and you will not even have to leave your villa.

P.S. Bernie says Hi
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Like many I looked at Tripadvisor for my recent vacation. I have stayed in Grand Cayman before and was very happy with the hotel we were at, but we went on a limb and tried the Caribbean club. I am so happy we did too. We had a huge room with all amenities at a great price. The staff was very helpful with dinning and activity reservations and also chose very nice and safe taxis for our transportation. This is going to be our new spot for vacation in the Caribbean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for trusting in the revues by fellow travelers on Tripadvisor and choosing the Caribbean Club as your new spot for your Caribbean family vacation. Instead of playing in the white sand of Seven Mile Beach, I am sure your kids will be tossing around in the leaves of autumn soon. We look forwards to welcoming you and your family back.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have been coming to this property since 1982 when it was just sporadic villas and NO television on the island. The only hotel on the island at the time was a really run down Holiday Inn. Let me tell you..when the construction began on this property years and years ago and the old pink villas were torn down...I was afraid the mystique was going to be gone forever of this very special resort.

It isn't.

It is still hand down the best resort in the Caribbean and there are not enough good things I can say about it. From top to bottom you will not find a better resort to spend a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, or in our case almost a month in! Very quick commute from Miami....you will thank me later. Stay nowhere else!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
It is such a pleasure to welcome back guest that used to stay at the "pink cottages" years ago, we enjoy hearing the old stories of the Cayman. As you said in your revue many are skeptic, not sure if their experience will be as nice as before, but then once they try the "new" Caribbean Club they feel just like you and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Thank you for that and for sharing your experience by writing this revue. We are looking forwards to your return.

The Caribbean Club Team

Been to Caribbean Club? Share your experiences!