“Fabulous family getaway in a prime location!” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Caribbean Club to your Saves list
Caribbean Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   871 West Bay Road, Seven Mile Beach KY 1 1202, Grand Cayman   |
Offers & Announcements
Luca Brunch credit
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Fabulous family getaway in a prime location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just seen the four star review and personally we had a fabulous time and am happy to give a five star Rating! We stayed In room 601 which was furnished very nicely AND had all the appliances for a very comfortable stay in an excellent hotel. Our children loved making mango smoothies with the local mangos ( bought from the farmers market held in Camana Bay every Wednesday from noon. Get there early for great local produce! Well worth a visit). The hotel was very clean and we had exceptional service. The beach is lovely, just what you'd expect from a Carribean island - crystal clear blue water and soft white sand. The swimming pool is clean and the pool area looks out to sea. The Carribean club is centrally located on seven mile beach and has a lovely restaurant Luca on the ground floor. It's priced fairly for Cayman but still may be considered high if you are not use to local prices ( you need to consider that most of the food is imported). Brunch at Luca is a must if you are there for a Sunday. You should also try their sister restaurant Ragazzi further down Seven Mile Beach they do fabulous authentic italian pizzas. Thank you to all the staff for making our holiday one to remember.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Wolcott, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I know this area is for reviews but I feel it is appropriate to post about how well I have been treated during the reservation process. Danielle the property manager has been a delight to work with, I had a family crisis and had to make some changes to my reservation and she was very caring and could not have been more helpful. We have traveled all over the Caribbean and have never run into to someone so willing to accommodate their guests and sensitive to their feelings. I can't wait to visit this resort and meet Danielle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Londonderry, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It might seem sacrilege to only give this hotel 4 out of 5 when the vast majority give it the highest rating for the #1 hotel on 7MB...however, for the price expectations are high on every dimension and only you can decide if its worth it.... 4 out of 5 still makes this a fantastic hotel but always have a bit of room for improvement. We were a family of 5 with 3 kids ages 7, 9 and 11.

Facilities:
In short, what everyone says about the rooms is correct..huge, clean, modern. We had rm 603. Perfect view, great kitchen, every imaginable appliance, blender, etc. Lobby clean, Beach even cleaner. Pool was nice and the kids were able to alternate btwn beach and pool all day long and loved it. End of April is lower season so I can't speak for crowds but the beach was nearly empty..never issues with chairs, etc.

Location:
perfect...lots of restaurants walking distance, never heard construction across street- non issue. Luca, the rest in hotel is one of the best (and most expensive!) on the Island but you would be remiss not to try it at least once...if you're there on a Sunday...DO THE BRUNCH! Just do it. Book WAY ahead however....very very full. Don't ever stay at the Ritz...looks like Grand Central Station full of obnoxious people swilling beer in the water.

Service:

Here is where I still give them a very good but not an excellent. First, I was very impressed with Brett who booked us and communicated with us along the way and put us in a room that we were very very happy with. Most of the front desk staff was very very friendly and helpful except for Jamie I'm sorry to say. He seemed quite whiny and bothered by our questions. There was a $40 charge from Luca on our bill that I objected to because it wasn't mine. He didn't seem to like that I challenged it but said he would look into it. Come to find out it was for 4 coffees and signed by someone else...not a prob, charge removed but still felt like I was putting him out to do it. On our departure, he was at the front desk and told me that it wasn't possible to have the hotel take us because the driver was busy so we'd have to take a taxi which he could arrange... Fine, I guess. The $30 taxi isn't really what I had issue with but it was the lack of interest in accommodating us or frankly offering to pay. They picked us up for free (tipped the driver of course) so why wouldn't they take us back too? Dont give me excuses about the driver being too busy...just make it happen. Instead he got into a dialog with me about how it just wouldn't fit into the driver schedule. Once the taxi did come, my wife and I both said "Thanks, bye!" His response? "Bye".. My god, we just spent nearly $7000 at your hotel and thats what we get?

The second and perhaps biggest issue we had the entire time was that the people in the room next to us were smokers. EVERY morning and evening when we were outside on the balcony we were welcomed by the stench of cigarette smoke blowing over. I called to complain 3 separate times- on day 1, 3 and 4. Jamie answered the phone each time (prob why he didn't care for us!)...first 2 times he said "we'll take care of it"..but the last time he noted to hotel policy was that it was a 'non smoking hotel' but that only included the suites and not the balcony. Ok, so now its about the symantics of "entire hotel"...and of course the people next to us who paid as much or more than us were mad that they *couldn't* smoke...so who won? They did, because it was never stopped nor were we accomodated in ANY way. In fact, we were told that Danielle was informed and was supposed to offer to move us..but she never contacted us. For this issue alone, I feel like dinging the hotel 2 more stars but I wont because it was simply an un lucky situation for us...but as far as the overall customer service goes, it deserves 1 less star and a mention. Service alone only deserves 3 stars.

Did we get treated differently because we paid a discounted price? Can't ever know, but something just didn't feel right with the overall service and communication- it was not consistent with what is undoubtedly one of the most expensive places to stay anywhere.

Overall, I suppose that we just were unlucky on the smoking issue that that it would likely not impact you...However, it had to be said. Hope this review was helpful..prob more pointed to the hotel management that anything....

Room Tip: the higher you go, the better the view. 7 floors in total. We were on 6 in the main bldg. don'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rockport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was an all around excellent place to stay. Everyone went the extra mile to make our week's stay exceptional in every respect! Only regret was that we were not able to stay longer! We have stayed here on three different occasions and have been more than satisfied. The beach is clean and beautiful. The management is ready to assist in any way possible.

Room Tip: We have stayed in three different rooms and each one met our needs beautifully.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed a week at the Caribbean Club in early march with our 18 year old son. We had never been to Grand Cayman before, but selected it to go scuba diving and spend time on the beach. What a great choice! The accommodations at the Caribbean Club were first class. We were impressed from the moment we walked into our huge condo on the 7th floor. We were in a three bedroom unit(I think they all are) even though we only needed two. The kitchen was great, granite everything and new appliances. The great room was very large and comfortable, and there were flat screen TV's and internet access everywhere. There is also a very nice balcony overlooking Seven Mile Beach and the sunset, with tables and chairs so you can eat outside! The only caution is that there is currently construction right across the street from the front of the complex, so I would ask for a higher floor and whoever is sleeping in the front rooms needs to be prepared for some noise in the morning.

The property is centrally located on Seven Mile Beach, with very good restaurants within easy walking distance. The best meals we had, however, were at Luca, which is at the property. Absolutely outstanding seafood, homemade pasta, and the best service we have had in years. If you want to eat in, there is a decent grocery store just a 5 minute walk away, and they also have room service.

We did go scuba diving, in spite of very windy weather, with "Off the Wall Divers", which the hotel recommended, and they were great. My son was getting his certification, and despite the rough weather, everything went well and we saw tons of great fish and coral. We also saw the "wall", which was really unusual. The beach, pool and other amenities at the Caribbean Club were all very nice. You can walk forever on the beach (it really is seven miles), and sand is soft and clean. When the wind dies down, the water is crystal clear and the snorkeling and diving is good just 500 yards offshore.

Finally, I have to say that the service we got from the staff at the Caribbean Club was outstanding. From the manager, Danielle, to everyone at the desk and on the beach, it was a great service experience. We have been to many other caribbean islands, and service can often be very frustrating. Danielle has figured out how to attract a great crew and they really make the stay special. We will definitely be going back again to enjoy the Cayman Islands at the Caribbean Club

Room Tip: Higher floors reduce road and construction noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dallas suburbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to extend our vacation and I was walking down the beach and saw a Texas flag on the mast so I walked in and asked about that. A gentleman (Brett Bailey) told me that he was the owner of some of the units. I ask Brett if I could stay a few nights and he was fantastic on helping us with a last minute reservation. I was staying down at Plantana which is very nice but when we walked into unit 701 we were floored. The unit was 2900 square feet and absolutely stunning. I have stayed at the Ritz down the beach and there is no comparasion, why would anyone not stay here? I do not know her name but the bartender was a great girl who worked her butt off yet was in a great mood. BTW, this condo is accross the street from the grocery store and the liquor store, what more could you ask for!!

Room Tip: We love 701
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Coquitlam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here in November with 2 other couples. Loved the place! We really felt like we were living the life. Great location on 7 mile beach. Loved the huge deck facing west, great to watch the sunsets. Brunch at Luca was absolutely delicious with so much to choose from.

Room Tip: Top floor facing west
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Caribbean Club? Share your experiences!