“Loved our visit!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunshine Suites Resort

You added Sunshine Suites Resort to your Saves list
Sunshine Suites Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1465 Esterley Tibbetts | Seven Mile Beach, Seven Mile Beach KY1-1201, Grand Cayman   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
35% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Houston, Texas
“Loved our visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I took a get-away trip to the Caymans this past February 2013! I have never written a review on TripAdvisor before, yet I depend heavily on what others say about hotels, excursions, restaurants, etc when I'm planning a trip.... so I figured it was time to step-up my game and write a review on the Sunshine Suites Resort because it deserves a GREAT review!

We were on budget when booking our trip to the Caymans, so this hotel kept coming up in our price range. We were a little skeptical since it was ACROSS THE STREET from the beach - but we went with it due to great reviews and it's price.

The room itself wasn't a Ritz-Carlton by any means, however, it was just perfect for what we needed! The breakfast was DELICIOUS and there was SO much food. In fact, we'd grab a banana and apple as an afternoon snack as well.

The restaurant also has yummy lunch/dinner. We wouldn't typically eat at a restaurant twice on a vacation, but we did here - it was just that good! It is tiny and well known on the island, so make your reservations!

If you are looking for a hauty-tauty pool, room and view of the ocean - then this isn't the place for you. But if you are looking for budget-friendly, family-friendly, convenient location... then this is a great choice! There are beach chairs that you can grab for free, throw the strap over your shoulder and walk 5-minutes across the street to the beach!

Happy traveling! The Caymans is BEAUTIFUL! We would love to go back one day!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have reviewed a few hotels and this would be one of my favourites, it had everything for me.
The sunshine Grill was excellent, I don't usually eat in the hotel preferring outside restaurants. The first breakfast had me hooked and I couldn't go past having lunch and dinner.
I only stayed a few days, I wish I had given Nassau a miss and stayed longer here.
The reception staff very also very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a 6 night stay at the Sunshine Suites and we had an amazing time in Grand Cayman and staying at the Sunshine Suites. The Sunshine Suites was perfect for the type of vacation that we wanted to have, a relaxing one.

The grocery store is only a 10 minute walk and the liquor store is literally on your walk up to the beach. Having the refrigerator was perfect to store food and drinks. If you plan on going to the grocery store, bring your own reusable bags. They make the walk back easier or you can take the public bus.

The beach chairs and towels provided from Sunshine Suites are great! No complaints there. The walk to the beach is super easy and the highway is also very easy to cross. Cars will even stop for you and let you walk across. One suggestion would be to buy an umbrella on your first day if you aren't a big fan of the sun. We did not do that but we would if we returned again. There is a gift shop next to the liquor store that sells them.

The breakfast was probably our least favorite part but we were glad to at least have some type of food. The free breakfast had cereal, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal and some muffins/danishes. There was also orange juice and coffee. We just wish that they had mixed up the breakfast some days instead of the same thing however, if you get sick of the breakfast there is a great breakfast place in the plaza infront of the hotel. That is not a reason for us not to stay at Sunshine Suites.... it saved us money and we didn't go hungry. We did enjoy eating our breakfast by the pool or on the chairs around the property.

We had an awesome relaxing stay at the Sunshine Suites. Our room was always clean and the beds and pillows are very comfortable. All of the staff made us feel very welcome and were able to assist and answer any questions that we had. We look forward to returning to the Sunshine Suites sooner than later!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is convenient, on the bus line,
Close to shopping, 1 blk from the beach.
The staff was fantastic, I will be staying there on my next trip
The food at their restaurant was excellent , breakfast is included

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed in mid-October for a week and the Sunshine met our family of 4 expectations. The resort does have beautiful landscaping (palm trees, putting green grass) but it a hotel. The pool is too small to swim (designed to cool off) in, and other than an on-site laundry room, scuba rinse tank, a couple of hammocks, and some lawn chair, I would not describe it as a resort.

Some in our party stayed at the Ritz across the street at 3 times the expense, but they spent their time eating at the Sunshine Grill. The Grill makes the Sunshine a desirable place to stay. While there they were remodeling all of the rooms on the first floor, so we had a 3rd floor room which did not bother us. The rooms that have not been remodeled have carpet, which when wet (and coming from the beach it happens) give off a musty smell. The new remodeled rooms have tile floor so this will make the rooms better.

The hotel offers a free "To go" breakfast from 6:30 to 9:30 AM. It includes baked goods, cereal, hot oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, tea. It is actually more than I normally eat. The Grill offers a wide range of breakfast options (loved the blueberry pancakes) at a reasonable cost of $7-10. There is a kitchen in each room. We stocked up with beer from the liquor store just off the Resort property, water (40 bottles for $6) from the Low Cost supermarket a block west of the resort, and snacks.

The staff are exceptionally friendly. The front desk, Annika, Sofia, and Samanatha, responded positively to every request. The maintenance staff were very good (first time I had ever seen a pool deck cleaned with a floor polisher). And all of the staff in the Grill were prompt and friendly.

Beach access was very easy and within a 3 minute walking distance. We rented a car and drove to other beaches around the island and took beach chairs and towels from the hotel.

I think the Sunshine is the best place in the Grand Cayman Island to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Came in October which was a total gamble with the weather but we got lucky and it was perfect. A few afternoon thunderstorms but was able to ride them out and stay on the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Helped us with transportation and with sitting up a rental car. Definitely the nicest portion of seven mile beach to stay near. You do have to cross the street to get to the beach but it's not a bad walk at all. Small kitchen area in the room is very nice to have. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very clean, nice rooms with rather expensive furnishings. Coffee was extremely good. The grab and go breakfast-free-was plentiful with lots of variety. Everyone was very helpful. i went for the diving and the dive lockers and rinse tanks were wonderful. Food was very good and enough for two people. I was not interested in the beach so saved a lot of money by staying on the other side of the road but could have walked over if I had wanted to. The dive shop they are affiliated with was one of the best dive shops I have ever used. The crew was mostly female and very good at what they do. Didn't have to carry anything. Just sit on the back of the boat and it was all brought to me. Hoping to go back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!