“Loved Sunshine Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunshine Suites Resort

You added Sunshine Suites Resort to your Saves list
Sunshine Suites Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1465 Esterley Tibbetts | Seven Mile Beach, Seven Mile Beach KY1-1201, Grand Cayman   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
chicago
“Loved Sunshine Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

We have been recommending Sunshine Suites Resort to everyone! The resort was ideally located, had great access to the beach and water sports, excellent service, clean well- furnished rooms,and delicious fresh baked blueberry muffins with breakfast! We will return.

Stayed June 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

As a resident on the island, we were familiar with Sunshine Suites - especially their famously good burgers. We were in transition from one home to another and needed a place to stay in the interim and Sunshine proved to be ideal. The suite is fully equipped and comfortable, the grounds are beautiful, the staff efficient and friendly, and the restaurant offers delicious, top quality food. Now that we've stayed there (for 20 perfect days), it is without hesitation that we can recommend Sunshine Suites to all - best overall value in Cayman!

Stayed June 2008
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

Excellent value for extended stay. Great price and great food at the hotel. Across main road from beach, but easy access still to the beach. Right next door to the Ritz Hotel, across the street from the Westin Hotel and in the middle of 7-Mile Beach. About 45 minute walk to the Marriott Hotel and 25 minute walk in other direction to Marriott Residence Inn. Restaurant at Sunshine Suites has great hamburgers and fish tacos.

• Liked — Location, food and price.
  • Disliked — Very small, but clean, pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
north carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

Friendly staff, clean facility but extremely disappointed that the pool and resteraunt area always seemed to be crowded with local people and their kids. I wasn't even able to use the pool that I had paid for on Sunday the 8th because of a private party. It was closed to all guests of the hotel, dozens of screaming local kids in the pool. Also, many times during our stay we noted people driving in off the street taking of lounge chairs, bringing their kids to use the pool that the guests had paid for. I was hoping for rest and relaxation, instead got a whole lot of stress and aggravation.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Crowded pool area, too many kids, too many locals
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
washington state
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

Stayed here for a dive trip. Hotel is diver friendly with rinse tubs and outdoor drying racks. Also, a locked storage hut with indoor drying racks and locking storage cubbies. Access to the storage hut is via room keycard, the lockers have separate keys obtained from the front desk.
Had a 1 bedroom suite, set up much like an Embassy Suite room--functional and with good space and kitchen facilities. The property is compact, acrooss the beach road from the Westin and plenty of restaurants and services are nearby. The restaurant is very good--lunch choices are very good, esp the large salads and fish tacos. You have the option of ordering large size if you are really hungry. Grounds are very well kept and colorful. Chairs on the lawns and some hammocks between the palms. Housekeeping missed our room one day--after 2 calls to the desk it was taken care of.
The hotel was better than expected--appeared from the website to be a bit plain and motel-like. This was an affordable stay as the Caymans go. Be aware that everything on the island is expensive--especially food and alcohol. Taxis are the way to get around--don't rent a car as the rates are high and gas is over $5 gallon, plus it is drive on the left.

• Liked — cleanliness and on site restaurant
  • Disliked — things ran a bit on "island time"
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sunshine Suites. We came to Grand Cayman for our wedding and honeymoon and all of our wedding guests stayed at Sunshine Suites before and after the wedding.

Even though Sunshine Suites has its Caribbean BBQ on Thursday nights, we arranged to have a private Caribbean BBQ welcome party for our guests on Saturday night. Mike and his entire staff made us feel so special and welcome. The food was absolutely delicious and the overall atmosphere/environment by the pool was relaxing, classy and downright perfect! They even let us play our iPod with our own music on their stereo system. We ate at the Sunshine Grill on a couple of other evenings and every single dish that I tried was fresh, tasty and wonderful.

The men and women who worked the front desk were also very sweet and helpful during our entire stay. They helped us arrange for my wedding dress to be dry cleaned, they gave us directions around the island -- they simply could not have been more accommodating in any way. Even the housekeeping ladies at Sunshine Suites are friendly and seem to really care about their job and the guests! The rooms themselves are clean and spacious. And the lawn and landscaping at Sunshine Suites is neat and well-maintained. They have a hammock and chairs that guests can use and the staff are always around to help if you have questions or need anything. Sunshine Suites is truly a gem! It is the most reasonably priced place on the island yet you get the attention and service that you would expect from one of the high-priced, fancier places nearby.

At the top of the list of my people to thank at Sunshine Suites, the person who I feel has practically become a personal friend of mine, is Nadia Hardie. I cannot say enough good things about this woman. When I first called Sunshine Suites 9 months before my wedding asking questions about the accommodations, Nadia is what sold me on this resort. Just by talking with her on the phone, I could tell that Sunshine Suites was the perfect place for my wedding party to stay. When I arrived at Sunshine Suites and met Nadia in person, my positive instinct regarding her and Sunshine Suites was confirmed. Nadia is genuine, caring, friendly and really goes the extra mile to make guests feel special. She went above and beyond the call of duty to make my wedding weekend and honeymoon spectacular. My husband and I plan to return to Grand Cayman in the years ahead for anniversaries and weekend get aways and we plan to definitely stay at Sunshine Suites. While on Grand Cayman, it truly felt like home to us. There may be resorts that are right on the beach and are bigger and flashier, but there is no other place on Grand Cayman that makes their guests feel so at home and special. I doubt there is any other place on the island that takes a genuine interest in their guests' lives and gives their guests such personal attention like Sunshine Suites does. I give Sunshine Suites my highest recommendation and I want to personally thank Nadia, Mike and every single other employee for making my wedding and honeymoon the best week of my life.

• Liked — Personal attention and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Lack of washcloths in the bathrooms and having to always request them
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

We heard from two locals that the Sunshine Suites was 'the best value for your money' on the Island - and we definitely agree! We had a wonderful time staying at the Sunshine Suites. The staff was super helpful with recommending tourist activities and companies to go through. They were always friendly and eager to help! We ate at a few places in the vicinity - and the restaurant at the Sunshine Suites was definitely our favorite (the only place we went twice!) The fish tacos are AMAZING! The vibe in the restaurant is perfect - great music, chill atmosphere, and friendly staff. Another great perk, that our friends staying at other hotels in the area did not get, was the complimentary breakfast. The room was a standard hotel-room size and had a kitchenette. There is a grocery store less than a 10 minute walk up the road, so you can definitely utilize the kitchenette and save a couple bucks on eating out. There is a great pool at the Sunshine Suites, and the beach is literally across the street. (Having never been to Grand Cayman before this trip, we were a little skeptical about being 'across the street' - but the hotel is literally across the street from the Westin, which is on the beach.) I will definitely stay in the Sunshine Suites when I go back to Grand Cayman and will highly recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!