“Can't say enough about the place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunshine Suites Resort

Save Saved
You added Sunshine Suites Resort to your Saves list
Sunshine Suites Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1465 Esterley Tibbetts | Seven Mile Beach, Seven Mile Beach KY1-1201, Grand Cayman   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Whiteville, North Carolina
“Can't say enough about the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here from June 15th thru July 15 and all I can say is wow! First, I stayed at the Treasure Island for 2 days. Big mistake! Read my review on Treasure Island. Sunshine suites is very affordable. The maids were nice. The staff at Sunshine Grill were great and attentive. Got to know the staff very well. The beds were soft. Full size fridge. Everything you need to make stuff in your room. 2-burner stove, forks and spoons, etc....Even though I ate out every night. Close to the beach. The front desk personnel were awesome. The pool was clean. Plenty of chairs. The food at sunshine grill was ok. Try the soup of the day. I had it for lunch four different days. Its a great location. Short walk to the beach. They have a laundry mat which was useful for me. Being that I was there for a month. I will come back! Thanks everyone! (And, u know who u are! LOL) Robin

Room Tip: First floor! Tip the bartenders, waiters, and waitress! It goes a long way! Have a good time!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I took my family to the Caymans for vacation. We decided to stay at Sunshine Suites in order to save money. We were glad to see that the reviews were right on point. Staff was extremely pleasent and the food at the Sunshine Grill was Amazing. But our favorite part of our stay was PACO. He is a black cat who is also a mascot for the hotel. Wednesday morning while ground maintainance was going on, Paco decided to meow outside our door so we let him in. Paco then followed us everytime we came back to the hotel. I even have a picture of Paco in our suitcase.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors so that the rain that comes every day doesnt leave a puddle by your door.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed six nights, wish it could have been six months! The staff at Sunshine Suites, from the front desk, restaurant, grounds keepers and housekeeping are all top notch! Very friendly and truly are happy you are there! I met my daughter and her friend there for an all girls retreat. The hotel room is comfortable, clean and the kitchenette is a lifesaver as it is very expensive on the island to eat out. Walk down to the grocery store and stock up on snacks, lunch items and drinks. The hotel provides you with dishes and pots and pans. Bring your own bags to the grocery store as they charge you if you need them to provide you plastic (biodegradable ones!) bags. The grounds are impeccable at the hotel and the restaurant is very reasonably priced and delicious. The beach is a quick walk across the street and is absolutely beautiful. Met some very friendly families on the beach which makes it all that more enjoyable. I was worried about carrying my 70 lb. suitcase up the 3 flights of stairs, but not to worry they offered to help and sent a young man who carried it up for me. I was happy to tip him $5! Will definitely stay at Sunshine Suites again if I make it back to Grand Cayman!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a great property and value. We spent 10 days here and were either diving or spending time at the beach/pool. We felt it was perfect size for the 3 of us (2 adults & a teen). Our bed was VERY comfortable. This is a rare find. Our teen was happy to have his own space at night & pulled out the hide-a-bed. The STAFF at this hotel was WONDERFUL. They were helpful with all kinds of questions we had about the island. The Sunshine Grill was also very tasty and service was great! We tried a lot of different items on the menu and they were all delicious! We went to the grocery store to fill our fridge and cupboards with snacks/drinks which was a few blocks away. The morning breakfast was also very convenient and delicious. Beautiful property, convenient laundry facilities, short walk to 7 mile beach (you cross a busy road but most locals would stop for you), nice pool, etc. Went to the World Gym which has an agreement with Sunshine (3 miles away via bus $3 one way) 3 times during my stay and ran on the beach the other days. Tips: buy beach umbrella at Cost You Less. The beach area is not shady so be prepared to bring something to have relief from the sun if you need it. The hotel doesn't have umbrellas but they have nice chairs and towels they will let you use during your stay. A lot of the time we came back to the hotel wet from diving or from the beach - because the rooms don't have a balcony or chairs to set things on to dry outside I would suggest bringing a laundry line to hang over the tub area. We felt bad having so many things wet in our room but not having enough room or a place to hang the items. In talking with the Sunshine Suites I mentioned this and they actually said they had the laundry lines on order so maybe call before you go to see if they have them yet (if not, bring something - it will help you dry your things out). Our maid was great to always make sure we had what we needed. We would return for another visit for sure. What a beautiful place and the people on the Island are VERY friendly and helpful. We felt safe and secure staying here. Speed bumps in the parking lot at night were a little hazardous. Wish they could paint them yellow with reflector paint or stickers for the visitors that frequent the parking lot (we almost tripped on them several times because at night it was hard to tell where they were until we got used to the road). The internet was reliable most if not all of the time - it wasn't a big deal really. Yes, it's a little slow to load but it works. You are on vacation so how much wifi to you really need all of the time? We were able to log in to our email, iMessage & Facebook daily with no real problems. Wonderful vacation!! Hope to return soon!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and i wanted to get away for a week! Just the two of us. This was the right choice!!! The island is beautiful. The staff was very helpfull and friendly at all times. They helped us with booking some excursions and getting arround the island! We only had breakfast in the hotel, because we did not wanted to be stuck on eating times from the hotel. The breakfast had everything it needed. So a good start of the day! We can only say thank you to all the staff, for this unforgettable holiday!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I brought my 3 sons (my 15 year old on his first dive) to grand cayman for an 8 day stay at the Sunshine suites and could not have been happier with our stay. Every one associated with the hotel was very nice and helpful(front desk,cleaning staff, staff at the restaraunt, security staff). Room was a little smaller than I expected for a one bedroom, but it worked out well for the 4 of us. Any person that complains about walking across the road to get to the beach is a slug!!! Having the Ritz and the Westin across the beach was nice as well. Rode jet skies twice at Red Sails (at the Westin) and had a blast. From now on I will only stay at the Sunshine suites when in Grand Cayman!

Room Tip: Bottom corner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

If you don't mind the 200 yard walk to the beach then look no further then the sunshine suites. The rooms are on the smaller side but have all the amenities you need. They also have one of the best restaurants on the island the sunshine grill. I'd like to thank everyone who made our anniversary stay a memorable one and we hope to be back in the near future.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!