This is a great property and value. We spent 10 days here and were either diving or spending time at the beach/pool. We felt it was perfect size for the 3 of us (2 adults & a teen). Our bed was VERY comfortable. This is a rare find. Our teen was happy to have his own space at night & pulled out the hide-a-bed. The STAFF at this hotel was WONDERFUL. They were helpful with all kinds of questions we had about the island. The Sunshine Grill was also very tasty and service was great! We tried a lot of different items on the menu and they were all delicious! We went to the grocery store to fill our fridge and cupboards with snacks/drinks which was a few blocks away. The morning breakfast was also very convenient and delicious. Beautiful property, convenient laundry facilities, short walk to 7 mile beach (you cross a busy road but most locals would stop for you), nice pool, etc. Went to the World Gym which has an agreement with Sunshine (3 miles away via bus $3 one way) 3 times during my stay and ran on the beach the other days. Tips: buy beach umbrella at Cost You Less. The beach area is not shady so be prepared to bring something to have relief from the sun if you need it. The hotel doesn't have umbrellas but they have nice chairs and towels they will let you use during your stay. A lot of the time we came back to the hotel wet from diving or from the beach - because the rooms don't have a balcony or chairs to set things on to dry outside I would suggest bringing a laundry line to hang over the tub area. We felt bad having so many things wet in our room but not having enough room or a place to hang the items. In talking with the Sunshine Suites I mentioned this and they actually said they had the laundry lines on order so maybe call before you go to see if they have them yet (if not, bring something - it will help you dry your things out). Our maid was great to always make sure we had what we needed. We would return for another visit for sure. What a beautiful place and the people on the Island are VERY friendly and helpful. We felt safe and secure staying here. Speed bumps in the parking lot at night were a little hazardous. Wish they could paint them yellow with reflector paint or stickers for the visitors that frequent the parking lot (we almost tripped on them several times because at night it was hard to tell where they were until we got used to the road). The internet was reliable most if not all of the time - it wasn't a big deal really. Yes, it's a little slow to load but it works. You are on vacation so how much wifi to you really need all of the time? We were able to log in to our email, iMessage & Facebook daily with no real problems. Wonderful vacation!! Hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We’re a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman’s famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location next to the Ritz Carlton, down the road from the 18-hole North Sound Golf Course and near dozens of shops and restaurants. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands