We stayed in this hotel for 8 days. Our room was beautiful. It looked new. It was clean and mostly quiet. We had a king bed with a 2 burner stove, microwave and full size refrigerator. We were on the second floor. Please note this hotel does not have elevators so if you are not able to climb stairs ask for a room on the bottom floor. The grounds are well manicured. They have a pool that I did not use as they have tables for the restaurant outside and I felt weird with people eating and me in my swim suit. Otherwise, I did eat at the restaurant and the portions were huge and it was tasty and inexpensive for Grand Cayman. We had breakfast there each day and it was ok. They had something for everyone. The hotel is situated right off West Bay road and you can easily take the bus or taxi to get about you do not need car really unless you really intend to go exploring. There is a small strip mall in back of the hotel with a frozen yoghurt shop, sushi place, liquor store, sundries shop and a cafe. There is also a Foster's grocery store about a 10 minute walk. They have a nice hot bar with a variety of food. It is 4.99CI per pound. The staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful. I also used the laundry and it was fine. The cost is 1.00CI per load and 1.00CI to dry and it is 1.25CI for one load box of laundry soap. I really enjoyed our stay. I spent some time sitting outside in the hammock and chairs in the shade. Overall I was happy with my stay and would definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We’re a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman’s famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location next to the Ritz Carlton, down the road from the 18-hole North Sound Golf Course and near dozens of shops and restaurants. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands