This was the perfect hotel for my vacation. I stayed at Sunshine Suites with my boyfriend and it was great for us. The room was clean, a little tiny but we didnt need alot of space for the two of us. The kitchenette is a true plus as food cost is pretty high everywhere in the Cayman. From the time we arrived the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Offering to carry our luggage to the 3rd floor. We checked in the hotel on a Wednesday evening, everything was smooth. Process took at the most 5 minutes. Not much of a view if you are that kind of person. We stayed in Room 313 and we had a view of the parking lot mainly, if you walk around you could see the pool area. Not what I care to do on vacation so the views aren't overly important to me. They have a small business center and wifi in the rooms. Wifi isnt the greatest by far, but when you can connect its good for checking emails and updating social stats if you are looking to do so. They have satellite TV and get ALOT of USA stations. ESPN for the men, Lifetime for the women, VH1, cartoons, etc for the kids. That was helpful as the nightlife scene is kind of dry from what we expected. 3-5 minute walk across the street to SMB. Perfect location too! It seemed to be the best part of the beach. Sunshine provides beach chairs for you to take, but there are plenty on the other resorts that you can grab. Breakfast is enough to get by. Im VERY PICKY and limited on what I can eat so if I can make it anyone can. They offered cereal, fruit, oatmeal and toast everyday. They rotated other things like potatoes and pancakes. Its enough to get you through a couple of hours. We dined at the onsite restaurant it was fairly decent. I work in the food service industry so it was ok for what it offfers. I had the Chicken Tenders and my BF had the fish tacos...we both were satisfied. It was crowded but we sat at the bar and so our wait wasnt long. Even with a party of 20 and a full dining room, the staff was very helpful and attentive to us. The bartender made a awesome Pina Colada, hate that I cant recall her name. You have the option to carryout if the restaurant wait is too long you, so people that complain about that are just complainers! The atmosphere is awesome so people tend to hang around for awhile! Lotoya at the front desk ROCKED!! She provided us with great service for activities to do and getting our Taxi to the airport. Sunshine is Lucky to have her as an employee. Checkout was super simple. Those nice people even gave me 2 free local phone calls!!!
Best Tips: Take advantage of the two grocery stores within 8 minutes of walking distance. Our average food bill was $46 at the restaurants. We walked to Fosters grocery store, they had ample variety.
Bring your own Liquor (Up to 1 Liter for the hard stuff): I saw a 5th of Patron for $70
Bring OFF bug repellant...The mosquitos are fierce!!
Get PizzaHut to deliver..costs us about $25 (US) for Sm. Pizza, Wings, and Breadsticks. Beat paying $50 for 2 sandwiches and a cocktail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We’re a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman’s famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location next to the Ritz Carlton, down the road from the 18-hole North Sound Golf Course and near dozens of shops and restaurants. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands