The rooms are on the basic side but freshly painted and clean and comfortable. Most importantly the bed itself is very comfortable. There is a modest kitchen and a large fridge in the room. Oddly there is an oversized bedside table on one side of the bed and then just a skinny gap to the wall on the other side of the bed. The hotel must be well constructed for soundprooffing as it was full with different wedding guests during over 5 night stay and we didn't hear any noise from adjoining rooms or the rooms above. The hotel's common areas are very well maintained and Paco the handsome black housecat adds to the appeal. You can relax under a tree in the gardens to read a book if you don't want to sit by the pool itself. The hotel is in a good location, in the centre of Seven Mile Beach, and a short walk to the inviting sandy beach. You can take light deck chairs from Sunshine to the beach and if you want shade, you can go a further 2 minutes up the beach to the Governor's House. There are a few restaurants and a bottle shop next to the hotel or otherwise it's a 10 minute walk to a larger shopping centre and more restaurants. A light breakfast is included in the room rate and it is okay. The office reception desk had friendly staff although they didn't seem especially informative. The Sunshine Grille restaurant attached to the hotel was pumping every night as it has delicious food and cocktails at reasonable prices. If you can get a poolside table, it is a very pleasant setting for dinner. There are no safes in the room; just a few at the reception desk, and these were all in use, which was a pain. There is complimentary use of the World Gym, which is a great gym, but it's 40 minutes walk away. There are rental bikes but like the safes, there were all already in use. The local buses are plentiful and great; mini vans marked 1 or 2, and they stop wherever you want and cost $2 so it's not hard to get around. You could spend a lot of money at the next door Westin and be right on the beach, but if you want to stretch your holiday dollars, then the Sunshine Suites are recommended for a pleasant stay. The Caymans itself was a great experience with the beautiful beach and reef and lovely people and a safe, relaxed atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We’re a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman’s famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location next to the Ritz Carlton, down the road from the 18-hole North Sound Golf Course and near dozens of shops and restaurants. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands