I had the pleasure of booking a last minute trip to GC and stay at the Sunshine Suites Hotel. I was a little hesistant just because the pricing seemed too good to be true. But I valued the previous reports on here and decided to book.
The accomodations are spotless. The rooms were clean as clean could be. You have a fridge that you can stock with snacks, drinks, etc and there is a liquor store next to the hotel. You can take a small cooler across and have your own cocktails without all the overhead of a major resort. Believe me, I am not cheap. I have stayed at the nicest places in the world, but why would I pay $800 a night when you can pay for the same beach, make your own drinks, same everything for 1/4 of the price. Breakfast is included and they have complimentary shuttles to Georgetown a couple of days a week.
The hotel is 500 yards from the beach, if that. You have access to chairs to carry across the way and most of the time there are umbrellas that people give away as they depart. But even so, you can go to Cost U Less and buy one for $20 USD. And you are sandwiched in between the Ritz Carlton and The Westin. So the beach is the same pristine water they have access to.
The Sunshine Grill was my favorite place to go. The food was impeccable and reasonable. The drinks were awesome and the staff was the best. They were very customer service oriented and all knew my name by the 2nd day. The fish tacos were my favorite and The Painkiller drink was very refreshing. The hamburgers were huge to say the least but looked very tastey! At the end of the meal, they would bring you a mini ice cream cone and it was the perfect ending to a good meal.
This hotel signifies value and customer service across the board. I will never stay anywhere else in GC. Props to Sunshine Suites for a relaxing and memorable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We’re a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman’s famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location next to the Ritz Carlton, down the road from the 18-hole North Sound Golf Course and near dozens of shops and restaurants. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands