I had high hopes for this hotel based on other reviews, but my wife and I were sadly disappointed. Our "Garden View" room consisted of a view of the parking lot and was spartan in amenities. There was a coffee maker, but no coffee, creamer or sugar provided in room; no iron or hairdryer, and wifi is provided in the lobby only, not in the guest rooms. It seemed as guests as well as quite a few locals were all trying to get internet at the same time in the evening as the lobby was packed and loud. Other than the bar maid, the staff was not outwardly friendly or accomodating. The resort itself seems quite old, consisting of mustard-yellow popcorn stucco buildings badly in need of renovation; some ground units were used for hotel storage; one of the elevators in our building was inoperative and the other was filthy. Our room floor was dirty too, our feet turning black walking from the shower to cross the room! As the parking lot is a public one, there were two burned out abandoned cars there and the lot is unlit and feels a bit unsafe after dark. The one bright spot is the private beach at the back of the property, but this is due to the condo units that seem to allow resort guests use of the beach. Still, we felt a bit out of place and worried that the security agent was going to ask us to leave at any moment. Not very comforting. I'd say avoid this hotel unless there is just nothing else available.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Treasure Island Hotel
- Hotel Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Grand Cayman
- Treasure Island Resort Grand Cayman
- Treasure Island Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Treasure Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.