I had to overnight in Grand Cayman on my way to the U.S. from Cayman Brac on business. The property I normally stay at didn't have any availability, so Treasure Island was the next best choice due to it's location (on 7 Mile Beach, not too far from the airport for my early morning flight), and the price vs. other hotels in the area.
The location is very good, being at the south end of 7 Mile Beach it is within walking distance to grocery stores, a variety of restaurants and shopping. They do have a large parking lot on the south side of the property, so no problem parking the rental car.
The hotel is run down and the hallways, stairwells and elevator could use a good cleaning. However my room was large, clean and the air conditioning worked. Having a fridge and microwave in the room is a plus. Water pressure is an issue with the shower not much more than a dribble.
The front desk person was surly and uncommunicative at check-in, but the desk clerk was much better in the morning when I checked out at 5:00 AM.
I didn't use the pool area or go to the beach so can't comment on that. I couldn't recommend this hotel for a week-long vacation, but it was adequate for an overnight stay, although I would try and book elsewhere in the future
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Treasure Island Hotel
- Hotel Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Grand Cayman
- Treasure Island Resort Grand Cayman
- Treasure Island Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Treasure Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.