My wife and I just got back from our trip to the Grand Cayman Islands and we stayed at The Westin. I want to thanks Kaitlin for making our stay very memorable. My wife and I were celebrating our honeymoon and she was able to accommodate us with a room upgrade to oceanview. She also left us a nice surprise with complimentary wine and cheese platter that my wife and I enjoyed thoroughly.
The Location: 5 out of 5
- Great location and only 15 minutes away from the airport. (Paid $23 USD for one way)
- Unrivaled access to the 7 mile beach and plenty of chairs with umbrellas. (if one isnt available, the staff will bring out extra chairs for you)
- Wait staff will come around and ask if you need anything. (Free water at the towel stand, can grab 4 towels at one time with towel card)
- Walkable distance to Eats Cafe, Yoshi, Frozen Yogurt and Sunshine Grill if you decide against eating on the resort (much more expensive eating at the resort)
Staff: 5 out of 5
- Everyone was extremely friendly and were able to help you with anything you needed.
Room: 3 out of 5
- We got the upgraded to the Oceanview room and it was nice. Room 191
- Easy access to the beach since we were on the first floor and we were able to access the beach through our backdoor. (doesnt lock though since it locks from the inside so you'll need to leave it open and cover it with the curtains)
- Infestation of small ants, they were everywhere in the closet and we were lucky that it was contained in there with a few in the bathroom and walls.
- The toilet smelled really bad, like there was a backup of sewage water. Very very stinky!
- The bed was very very comfortable! The mattress that The Westin uses is legit!
Just so you know, the Cayman Dollars is actually worth more then USD. For each $1 USD, it would be 0.80 Cayman Dollars and everything is in Cayman Dollars so be aware. Buying a bag of chips and an ice coffee at the Hotel Cafe cost me $9 USD!! CRAZY!!
Eating at the restaurants outside the resort cost us around $40-$50 every meal. This included 2 entrees, 2 drinks and 1 appetizer usually.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Grand Cayman fronting the famous beach, guests at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa can enjoy scuba diving, shopping, or just relaxing on their getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Casuarina Resort And Spa, Grand Cayman
- The Westin Casuarina Resort & Spa, Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Westin Casuarina Resort Grand Cayman
- Westin Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Westin
- Westin Grand Cayman
- The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa Cayman Islands