We are currently staying at the hotel and I wanted to post while the thoughts were still fresh in my mind.
First the good:
-The property is beautiful. The hotel is on a pristine peace of beachfront in the heart of Seven Mile Beach that makes it easy to access the rest of the island.
-Service has also been great. All of the wait staff and other hotel staff have been extremely friendly and happy to serve
On the flip side:
-We booked with SPG points as we have accumulated points over the years and booked a vacation with friends. It's a little disheartening to see that when you accumulate all of these points and book a room, you end up in the bottom of the barrel room despite having a Gold Status level. The Island view room is very dated and I would have to say these rooms are not worthy of being called a Westin.
-Along those lines, Westin is known for the Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower and we have come to expect this having stayed at numerous resorts throughout the years. The showers in these rooms are anything but heavenly, with a single shower head and a cracked tub. The heavenly bed has a nice comforter, but the pillows are old and lumpy
-Maid service has been spotty - we never seem to receive enough towels, the turn down service has not come every night (despite this being part of the $35 daily resort fee), and when they do come, they do not take away the old towels and replace with fresh towels
-The hotel is at maximum capacity and is booked the entire month of March (i.e. we were told this as the reason the complimentary upgrade was not provided). However, 1 of the 2 elevators on our side of the hotel has been broken since we have arrived and it doesn't look like it will be fixed soon. In addition, the housekeeping staff uses these elevators as there is no service/freight elevator, which adds to the wait time. This is the busy season and this issue should be fixed ahead of time!
-There is no consistency with the benefits provided Starwood Preferred Guests. We checked in w/ 2 other couples at the same time and used 3 different people. 2 of us did not receive the complimentary drinks, which you would think that everyone would be trained to have a certain level of service
-My brother-in-law has complained for 3 straight days about having the clothes line for drying bathing suits/wet clothes fixed (this is needed given there are zero hooks in the bathroom). This should not happen at a resort that bills itself as being top notch.
Overall, we are having a great time, but these are fixes that a resort that likes to think of itself as top notch should take care of.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Casuarina Resort And Spa, Grand Cayman
- The Westin Casuarina Resort & Spa, Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- The Westin Casuarina Resort & Spa, Grand Cayman Hotel
- Westin Casuarina Resort Grand Cayman
- Westin Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Westin
- Westin Grand Cayman
- The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Grand Cayman fronting the famous beach, guests at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa can enjoy scuba diving, shopping, or just relaxing on their getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Starwood, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.