I had been to this property 4 years ago and I must say that I was very impressed with the changes that have been made. The most important one being the addition of numerous umbrellas on the beach. If one wasn't available then the guys on the beach were always there to set you up with one.
We had a problem with the AC in our room the first night, it just never got cool enough. They sent someone right away to fix it but unfortunately it just never got cool. We switched rooms the following day and were upgraded to a pool/ocean view which was lovely! The only issue was that it was right above the hot tub. Hot tub hours are supposed to end at 11 pm but it's never enforced and people sit in the hot tubs drinking, laughing, and listening to music until the wee hours. Had to call down to the desk one night as people were so inconsiderate!
The beach is absolutely gorgeous with plenty of room for everyone. We had a few lunches out by the pool, food was good. On our last night we did the beach BBQ. It was extremely overpriced for what they give you, even though it was all you can eat. Plus, they automatically tack on a 15% gratuity, but since it was a buffet the waitresses only brought you drinks. $90 US for the two of us was a total rip off, I would not recommend it.
For breakfast we ate across the street at EATS or at the Sunshine Grille in the Sunshine Suites. Much more reasonably priced than the breakfast at the hotel. Always check your bill carefully, some restaurants add in the gratuity, some don't. We ended up double tipping a few times.
For dinners we enjoyed Ragazzi, Copper Falls Steak House and Luca,
We did an afternoon Stingray City trip. Don't book it through Red Sail at the hotel, they charge much more than some of the local outfits. We went through Acquarius with Captain Mario. It was a 4 hour trip, they picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel. There were only 20 people on our trip, not 30-40 on most of the other overcrowded boats. We got pizza onboard and Mario took lots of pictures of us which we could download for free. Would highly recommend his tour!
The hotel is very pretty, grounds are kept up beautifully and everyone was very nice and helpful. Housekeeping was great and they came around again every evening offering fresh towels and mini rum cakes! 2 water bottles were delivered every day and there's a mini fridge in the room.
There's really no need for a car there, they have these vans that are the local buses and it's $2.50US a person to get into town. There's also plenty of taxis right at the hotel.
The weather was perfect, the beach was stunning and we were very happy with our whole experience. We plan to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Grand Cayman fronting the famous beach, guests at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa can enjoy scuba diving, shopping, or just relaxing on their getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Casuarina Resort And Spa, Grand Cayman
- The Westin Casuarina Resort & Spa, Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Westin Casuarina Resort Grand Cayman
- Westin Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Westin
- Westin Grand Cayman
- The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa Cayman Islands