“Nice hotel, great beach location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 30620, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman (Formerly Westin Casuarina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
“Nice hotel, great beach location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful beach & good location! Hotel rooms could use a bit of a facelift. Our rooms were average @ best. Beds were very comfy.
Bars, restaurants, & staff were good. Rented a beach cabana for 2 days & service was friendly & fast.
The wifi in room didn't work for first few days of our stay. We were told it was a broken part (they were waiting for it to arrive). It did work last 2 days we were there. My husband had to work a bit while we were on vacation, so he had to use the lobby wifi those first few days. Resort fee is pretty steep, especially if wifi doesn't work.

• Stayed August 2013
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. We are delighted that you loved our location right on Seven Mile Beach and found our staff to be friendly and efficient. Please accept our apologies for the initial issue with the in room Wi-Fi; we hope the inconvenience was minimal. Please come back and visit us again soon.

619 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Recently stayed at the Westin from July 27th-Aug. 3rd. Previously stayed here last year and the rooms and the hotel were definately in need of updating but my stay then was very comfortable. Wow - what a difference a year makes. The lobby is updated and inviting and my room was awesome - ocean view - which I definately would recommend. My only complaint from last year - as others have noted in their review - was the lack of beach umbrellas. This year that issue was resolved with the hotel update. So glad to see that management finally listened to your customers and took care of this issue - sure made things less stressful when heading out to the beach each morning - no matter what time it was - that umbrellas were always available. Beach staff was very helpful and great having beach service for food/drinks. Yes food and drinks are expensive but remember your on an island - it's going to be high no matter where you eat. The beach at the Westin is the BEST on the island. I also toyed with choosing between the Ritz or the Westin on last year's trip and am so glad I chose the Westin. When I decided to come back to the Caymans again this summer it was a no brainer as to where to stay. The Ritz can't beat the Westin's beach or their close access to the beach from their rooms. I was helped at the front desk by Hadi and he went out of his way to make sure everything was right with my room and my stay. He remembered me from last year's visit as he also had helped me then. How refreshing to see such a nice young man go out of his way to make sure the hotel's customers are satisified. I hope the Westin management staff appreciates a good employee like Hadi and doesn't let another hotel lure him away. You need more employees like him. The Spa at the hotel is also incredible. Everyone there is very nice and the treatments were heaven. Had the hot stone 90 minute massage and it was great. Their are close restaurants to eat at if you don't want to eat at the hotel. Eats across the street is very popular with the hotel as is the Sunshine Grill. Both are very good and reasonably priced. The Wharf is great also. The island is very safe and you have the option of taking their bus service instead of expensive taxi's. The bus will pick you up outside the hotel and take you where you want to go. It is in a van and is kind of like a hop on hop off sevice. The drivers are very friendly and it is cheap. The buses run until 10 at night so it is convienent for dinner or going into town. Had a great time and already looking forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
It is always wonderful to learn when a guest enjoys their visit to The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. We truly appreciate your many compliments for our hotel, the recent renovations, and our staff. Our team is always eager to assist our guests and provide exceptional service to ensure that their stay is the best it can be. I will share your comments with the staff and will make sure our front desk associate receives the recognition he deserves. We are delighted that you enjoyed your return visit and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

First off Seven Mile Beach is perfect! The Westin is right there...unlike the Ritz next store, the rooms are lengthwise on the beach instead of going deep away from the beach. This allows you to waste no time bopping in and out of your room to the beach. It's so chill! The staff is awesome. Everything is so nice but its a great balance. Not pretentious. My husband and I couldn't stop laughing about how many times we said, "Wow, the Westin is awesome! We couldn't be happier. It's perfect!". There are great restaurants within walking distance too. Oh and I was all prepared for not having an umbrella on the beach because earlier reviews I read said this was their one complaint...this has been taken care of. They must have purchased a bunch extra because literally, no matter when I showed up there was always an empty spot and if not then one of the staff would carry an umbrella out for me and set it all up! The staff was very helpful and friendly. I wish I has brought more cash to tip because I have never seen everyone on a staff work so hard. I would look outside my window at 7 am and people were cleaning the pool, organizing towels and them at 5 pm I would see the same people hard at work! And smiling!!! Truly a pleasure to stay there. I would highly recommend and if you are debating between the Westin and Ritz like I was...go with the Westin!!! We walked over to check out the Ritz and I was not impressed. Overpriced and a super crowded beach with these individual chair umbrellas that ruined the vibe and view. And we ate there for lunch...ugh! Was mediocre at best and we dropped way too much money for burgers! So annoying. But the fish tacos I got for lunch at the Westins outdoor grill were perfect! :)

• Stayed August 2013
Exceptional guest service is the ultimate goal and top priority for all of us here at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. Thank you for letting us know how pleased you were with our staff and our beachfront location. Reading your review brought smiles to our faces, as it is always our hope that every guest will feel as happy as you did and experience a perfect stay. We sincerely appreciate your review and recommendation. Please come back and see us again soon.
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the Westin from August 3 to August 10. I was apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. My experience was contrary to those negative reviews! From check-in, to my clean, large room and comfortable bed to beautiful Seven Mile Beach- all was beyond my expectations. As a single, mature female traveling alone, I felt safe my entire stay at the Westin. The staff was very friendly, especially Carol at the Tour desk. She readily answered any of my questions with a smile. I would like to give special thanks to the beach and pool GM, Nick Dowler and his staff. They were always ready to assist me when I needed a lounge and an umbrella. You made my trip, Nick!

Yes, the food was expensive in Grand Cayman. I ate across the street at Eats(for breakfast) and Legendz( for dinner). They gave big portions and were reasonably priced. Food was delicious.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor and faced the gardens. I was very satisfied with it,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort, the service and the personal attention provided at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. Thank you for sharing the relationship that you have developed with some of our staff. It is truly heartwarming and they will be touched by your kind acknowledgment. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back soon.
Verona, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just revisited Grand Cayman after visiting there eight years ago and the Westin along seven mile beach is still the best piece of property among the hotels located in that area. Beach goers will enjoy a wider strip of sand to spread out and a wider ocean parameter set by the facility to swim. Hotels such as the Ritz-Carlton offer a narrow strip of sand with chairs one on top of another and a much narrower beach to swim . It would be wise to wake up 7:30- 8a.m to get a towel to place a marker for an umbrella as the sun is very strong. Great rum drinks and Mahi fish tacos for lunch. Breakfast buffet pricey! Go across the street to the Sunshine Grill for breakfast. WiFi is confined to the lobby area for the most part. I would go back again ; rent a car as taxis can add up if you go out alot.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room ; check availability of Oceanfront rooms and negotiate at a lower th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted to have had the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Cayman and The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. As you point out, our hotel is located on one of the most beautiful sections of Seven Mile Beach and we are very happy you enjoyed it. Thank you for your comments; we hope to see you back soon!
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just came back from a 4 night stay...we had a fabulous time! THE PROS: beach is beautiful, clean, and super clear water, location is good. THE CONS: rusty fixtures, peeling tub, stained towels, super expensive but just so-so drinks and beach food. If you get a renovated room, with a beach/pool view you would be happier. Unfortunately we got stuck in a room with an 'island view' (basically the parking lot and the strip mall across the street) plus obviously older rooms. all in all though we had a really nice time despite these negatives. The amazing beach made up for most of it....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa for your girl’s getaway trip to the island. Seven Mile Beach is world renowned for its beauty, clear water, pure white sand, and abundance of marine life; we’re glad everyone enjoyed it. We do however regret that there were a few aspects of your experience that you considered less than favorable. Guest feedback is always welcome as it gives us the opportunity to improve future experiences for our guests. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Westin Grand Cayman for the past 15 years. That sort of indicates that we like the place. Actually we love the place. Most certainly they have the best beach in Grand Cayman and they work constantly to maintain the property which can be challenging when in the tropics.

The check-in counter can be a little hectic when people are coming in for a holiday, so we attempt to book our arrivals when hopefully it is not quite that busy. Still the staff at the front counter work with grace when faced with many arrivals all at once. When we have had some minor problems in the past, the Westin team works quickly to make sure all is well. Starwood Hotels trains their employees well.

The rooms are attractive and the beds are extremely comfortable. The hotel uses the Westin Heavenly Bed which we also have in our own home. We have not found a better bed. It would be nice to see more cable channels, although I guess we don’t come to Cayman just to watch television.

The restaurants and service at the Westin are excellent although I suspect most people like to take advantage of the variety of great restaurants that are available in Grand Cayman. We certainly do. Will we be back to the Westin Grand Cayman next year? Yes, of course!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your continued loyalty to The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. It is always a pleasure to see you and welcome you back for another stay with us. Words cannot express our gratitude for the gracious review you have shared with everyone, thank you. We are delighted you have repeatedly enjoyed staying with us over the last 15 years and look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Been to The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!