“Great review for all-inclusive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort

You added Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort to your Saves list
Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   389 West Bay Road | PO BOX 30371, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Olathe, Kansas
“Great review for all-inclusive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for five nights for our honeymoon. We used his Marriott points for our stay and for the all-inclusive option. I was a little skeptical of the all-inclusive because there weren’t many reviews for it, and the one I found was not positive. We thought the all-inclusive was great. I don’t know what it would cost if you were not using points, so I can’t say it’s worth it if you’re paying cash for it. However, when using points that he gained from travelling for work, it was definitely worth it.

It included all meals at the hotel, including room service, all non-alcoholic beverages, and some alcoholic beverages. From the description, we weren’t sure what alcoholic beverages were included, but when we arrived, we were told that the house liquor, a couple local beers, and many of the fruity/frozen drinks (pina coladas, daiquiris, margaritas, mai tais, cayman mama, etc.) were included. Some of the more expensive specialty drinks were not included, but the included ones were enough for us.

The website says there are 5 or so restaurants, but a couple of them serve the same thing. The breakfast buffet at Red Parrot is fabulous. We would not have gone there everyday like we did if we didn’t have the all-inclusive option, as it would have cost about $50 for both of us to eat breakfast. Also, we never ate at Balboa’s Lounge because it’s just a bar in the lobby that we thought got its food from Red Parrot or room service. We ate at Solana a few nights, including the all-you-can-eat lobster night (which also includes other entrée options). The all-you-can-eat lobster night and Buccaneer’s Feast are the only meals for which you are charged an extra fee on top of the all-inclusive. It was definitely worth it though! We also ate quite a few lunches at Del Sol bar/Solana, which serve the same food for lunch. The calamari is amazing, and I ate it almost everyday!

The only other thing we did that I would recommend is the Fat Fish Adventures waverunner tour to Stingray City. It’s a little pricier than the other Stingray City options, but it is a much smaller group (about 12 people compared to 50-100 on the tour boats). Try to take the last tour of the day because your guide will stay out later with you because there’s not another tour to get back for. We stopped at Starfish Island, Stingray City, another spot to snorkel, and finally a fun bar right off the water.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (832)
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

The Marriott was a very peaceful and friendly hotel. The staff was very helpful, both front desk and room service. The room was always clean. Beds were absolutely comfortable! At the beach, serivce was also great, always aware of the guests. Like in any other trip, just make sure to clarify any extra charges. Don't want to be surprised when you're checking out, however I'm sure they will be more than helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Our trip to the Caymans was my favorite vacation ever. We had a great stay at the Marriott, very clean, and service was great. It's not the most high end Marriott I've ever seen, but I didn't go to the Caymans to stay in the hotel. The beach was great, the water was amazing. you didn't even need to rent the snorkel gear.

We walked to dinner on the beach most nights. They did have an issue of flies/mosquitos at night, so buy bug spray if you have intentions of going for a walk after sunset. If you are prepared, there's no issue.

Sting Ray City is a must...and we recommend Fat Fish Adventures. You can book thru Davina at the hotel. Most services are Red Sail and are at least twice as much. Fat Fish offers a jet ski ride to Sting Ray with stops along the way. Mostly kid-free and soo fun. It was about $120 for 4.5 hrs, and so much fun. HIghly recommended.

calypso in the West Bay was our favorite dinner. Also had good meals at Hemingways, at the Cayman Beach Resorts (walkable on the beach from Marriott). The Wharf wasn't great food, but it's a nice setting, with Tarpon feeding at 9pm and Salsa lessons at 9:30 on Tuesdays (which was pretty fun actually).

The islanders were amazing, so friendly, and in no way pushy. This is was my favorite place to vacation and am counting the days to go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

The staff at the Grand Cayman Marriot went out of their way to provide my son and I such a peaceful and enjoyable vacation. They helped us plan every attraction and made it easy to visit every site we wanted to. I LOVE the travel planner Davina and the ladies at the spa. We loved the food and fun theme nights. I have been to many countries and this was, by far, one of my most relaxing trips ever. Thanks guys!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Hotel was perfect location. You can walk to many food places. We even walked to Georgetown which was about 2 miles away. The pool was great and right on a beautiful beach. We recommend that you take the 1 mile walk to the grocery store to buy drinks, breakfast food, lunch food and snacks (they are closed Sundays). We ate at one of the hotel restaurants for dinner, the Red Parrot, which was over-priced with very small portions. You can walk to a reasonably priced Mexican restaurant and an Irish Pub probably 1/4 mile south of hotel in a strip mall. Another reasonable place to eat is Eats, but its too far to walk. My son snorkeled all day at the hotel. Take Captain Marvin's stingray city tour and snorkel trip (they take pictures but are over priced). Take a bus to Dolphin Discovery if you want your kids to swim with dolphins. We rented a car for one day to tour ourselves. We drove to Rum Point (beautiful) and drove to nearby Star Fish Point and got to pick up a few star fishes for pictures. We didn't go but heard we should have gone to Smith's Cove just outside of Georgetown. Not much night life, but we were beat so welcomed the early bed time. It was an over-all very nice vacation spot. The down side is the expensive food prices especially when you factor in the 20% discount off the US Dollar.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I used my points to stay here for 2 nights. The service was great; at the front desk they welcomed me with a complimentary punch and told me I had been upgraded to an Oceanfront Room but that it wasn't ready yet. That was fine with me since I was already wearing my swimsuit and just wanted to get to the beach as soon as possible anyways. I explained my situation at the towel desk, and they gave me a towel without needing a room number. (In the next couple of days, they would sometimes ask for my room number and sometimes not.) The beach chairs are rather old looking, but they also provide terrycloth chair covers and you can ask them to set up an umbrella next to your chair if you like. Considering there were no cruise ships in port, the beach was pretty crowded, so I jumped into my rental car and headed north to Cemetery Beach, my favorite beach in the world.

The location is great because it's on the southern edge of SMB so it's close to George Town and within walking distance of several shopping plazas. There's free parking, too, if you end up renting a car.

I didn't end up eating at any of the restaurants here, but I did walk in to see what they had at the breakfast buffet and found that it was pretty much typical Marriott fare; nothing special.

The only downside about the staff--when I asked the Concierge for a recommendation for a restaurant with local food, she recommended Portofino, all the way on the East Side, but didn't mention Mrs. Vivine's Kitchen. And when I asked her for a place to get good cassava cake, she said she had never heard of it. Surprising, given it's a traditional Caymanian dessert!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Stayed for 5 days and didn't have 1 complaint. Yes its true, this marriott isnt the fanciest one out there but honestly, it doesnt matter. The hotel is clean, has a good layout, plenty of options for eating, the staff are extremely friendly and attentive to the guests, its in a perfect spot, and the beach is awesome! I cant say enough about the employees, they made our trip so relaxing and worry free. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They are all easy to access from the beach. The bartender makes great drinks, check out all u can eat lobster on weds. nights, there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas on the beach (at no fee) and you dont have to wake up terribly early to get a good spot. If you want to dine out, you have a lot of options in walking distance. For "cheaper eats" you have Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, Quiznos, and Coconut Joes. A bit more expensive you have Cimbocos, Aqua Grill, and the Reef are a few. (Ate at the Reef and enjoyed the meal and the view, its right on the beach..if you go try to go at sunset..amazing views). There is a gas station w/ a food mart w/ in walking distance if u want some late night munchies. Avis is t the hotel (use AAA for a discount). We rented a car for a day and drove to Rum Point . It was great to not be on a schedule (like when u go on excursions) and driving there wasnt a horrible experience, actually pretty nice. :) At the hotel they have plenty of reading material/activities to read about or sign up for.
--------------------------One thing I think people dont emphasize about the Marriott is that they have AMAZING snorkeling right at the hotel. U can rent snorkels/masks if you dont bring your own. We brought our own and saved a ton. We snorkeled everyday and saw awesome fish 30 feet out from the beach. We were in the water for hours checking out the marine life swimming around the area, you'll love it if you enjoy snorkeling.

Lastly, bring plenty of sunscreen and bug spray (we got bit at night walking around)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort? Share your experiences!