My wife and I spent our anniversary here at the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort located right on Seven Mile Beach. Every employee we came in contact with for the entire week we were here was friendly and professional in every way. My wife was exceptionally impressed with Marisela who brought her coffee to our suite every morning and delivered our lunch on several afternoons. We never saw Marisela without a big smile on her face. What a wonderful way to start your day. The staff on the beach, by the pool, and inside the resort were all amazing to us. There is an artificial snorkeling reef just off the beach in front of the hotel with a large population of tropical fish and a very large number of sea urchins so be careful! I was impressed the amount of new growth coral that had begun to sprout up on the large balls that form the reef.
The resort is a little bit dated, but the management is well aware of this fact and will actually close the property for a full month in September on 2014 for major renovations. They were already painting the exterior the last few days we were on vacation. We can't wait to see how things look on our next visit.
I have to give special thanks to the Executive Assistant to the General Manager, Cristina who was an amazing liaison as I worked to plan the prefect anniversary vacation for my wife Rachel. Cristina handled a myriad of emails from me starting in mid-September, 2013 when I first made our reservation a full 11 months before our vacation. Great job Cristina!
Overall our week at the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort was a fantastic experience. We have travelled all over the Caribbean and we both agree that the beach and ocean here in Grand Cayman was the best we have experienced. It reminded us of the beach and ocean at our former family beach house in Panama City, Florida. Not quiet the same sugar white sand you find on the Gulf of Mexico on the panhandle of Florida, but close.
One important note for anyone considering a vacation to Grand Cayman, everything here is very expensive. Not just at the Marriott, but every where we visited in Georgetown. The exchange rate is about $1.00 Cayman Island Dollars = $1.25 USD so everything appears to be a little cheaper until you do the math. A bacon cheeseburger with fries is $18 on the menu which is $22.50 USD before the 16% gratuity/service charge which is automatically added to every check which makes that delicious burger and fries a whopping $26.10 USD. If you do decide to visit paradise here in Grand Cayman, don't forget to bring your Gold Card!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Marriott, Otel, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort Cayman Islands