We stayed here for a week during Labor Day week with our 22 month old. The beach is excellent (much better than the Westin, which we visited on our stay). The water is clear, no waves which makes it perfect for kids to walk in and out of and you can see fish swimming right by the shore. Speaking of fish, go to your local pet store and buy fish flake food...we bought it at their local supermarket and fed the fish daily, our toddler loved it! It's probably much cheaper if you buy it before you come! There are lounges in the oceans which are great for kids...kind of like a floating little swimming pool! Bring your snorkel gear, the hotel's stuff is terrible and there is so much sea life to be seen! There's also a turtle pond, they will give you turtle food to feed them if you ask by the towel place near the pool.
On to the hotel, it is undergoing renovations. The room above hours was being renovated during our stay. We heard no noise at night, but we had a toddler that napped mid day and the sounds of jackhammers in the ceiling didn't help that at all, so be aware of that. You can only stay out so much before wanting to come to your room to recoup, we couldn't do that and ended up having to drive her around to nap uncomfortably in her car seat because of the noise.
The staff is very friendly and the food at the hotel was excellent. We booked a private table at the beach at Solana one night (we were the only one who did this!) and it was excellent. Private waiter, right in the sand and really great food and service. I highly recommend you do that vs. eating inside the restaurant.
The bar by the pool area is good however the service was terrible. We went there to eat right after it rained and all the chairs were wet, which the waiter pointed out to us. No one offered to wipe them down so we left because there was no way we were going to sit in puddles. That was the only negative service experience we had.
By the beach, someone comes around with popsicles every day and a kids club woman came with a water balloon, which of course made the toddler's day. As several have mentioned, you can put out a towel first thing in the morning and it won't be moved all day so essentially save a prime spot. I can see how that would get annoying if the hotel was full, however we had the beach to practically ourselves almost our entire stay so that issue never came.
Also, be aware that they charge for internet use in the room...we called prior to coming and were informed it was free but that was not the case. It's only free in the lobby.
Overall, it's a great hotel in a great location. I'm sure it will be amazing once all of the renovations are done. Excellent place for toddlers, ours loved jumping off the yellow rings in the ocean right into the water, then floating on her back. If we come back, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Marriott and Otel so you can book your Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort Cayman Islands