Spent the week prior to Easter at this hotel. It is small for a resort Marriott - this is not a mega resort. The lobby and rooms were up to date. The beach is narrow, only room for 3 rows of beach chairs between the seawall and the water. The reef off the hotel is nice, although on rough days you do not want to be near it - it's only about a foot under water. The restaurants were standard Marriott fare - breakfast buffet was plentiful at Red Parrot. Although I was told it was high season, the hotel did not feel crowded, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The place way spotlessly clean, and the courtyard between the towers was very nice.
Nearby restaurants Coconut Joe's (across the street), XQ's, and Fidel Murphy's (toward GT, about 5 minute walk) were all good and very casual. If you want to head to GT for dinner, La Dolce Vita and Casanova's were both excellent. There's a grocery store towards GT (Kirk's) if you need supplies. GT closes up at 5PM, so if you plan on shopping, you need to get there midday.
If you plan on doing anything other than laying on the beach, you will want a car for at least part of your stay. There is an agency in the lobby (Avis) and another across the street (Andy's). If you are there to snorkel, I recommend Cemetery Beach and Smith Cove - both excellent. A field trip to Rum Point/Starfish Point either by car or on a boat is very nice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort Cayman Islands