Overall, this hotel is very nice- the service is almost flawless. One of the front desk staff learned it was our anniversary and had wine and cheese sent to our room. They all made us feel very welcome and were friendly. The hotel is clean, grounds are clean and pretty.
This is a very expensive island due to the exchange rate and taxes. I thought that the food and beverage prices at our hotel were horribly inflated compared to other Marriotts we've stayed at, so we ventured out for meals. Fortunately the resort is located close to many other more reasonable restaurants and bars. We were able to leave the resort beach for a reasonable and healthy lunch in under an hour.
The size of the grounds and beach versus the number of guests was a challenge if your idea of a beach vacation is pure solitude. Also, there were so many screaming kids running around that was very annoying to me. (If you prefer not to be around so many annoying families w/ obnoxious little kids, and you like a lot of space on the beach, check out the Marriott St. Kitts.) Part of the issue is that the beach was eroded during Hurricane Ernesto, but it is coming back.
Overall, this is a very nice property and some of the best customer service we've ever had. We would like to come back after the renovation and will be careful to book during a time when it's not so crowded.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort Cayman Islands