“Simply Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: So you're wondering why we're not #1, right? We only accommodate six divers. Fewer divers mean less reviews - simple. A luxury dive boat, first class service, unrivalled comfort & relaxation. Everything about Indigo is handled with the care & attention to detail, that you'd expect from a truly owner-operated company. We get to know all our customers, their needs & concerns, as well as their favourite fish & critters! Fresh fruit, sodas, bottled water, cookies, towels, & blankets for those chilly surface intervals. All the extras add a touch of class to an already stylish dive trip. We strive for excellence and cater to certified scuba divers of all experience levels. Our resident instructor is Bec - with a professional yet relaxed attitude, she will work with you to overcome your fears, develop a strong skill set, & give you the confidence you need to become a great diver. Chris, Kate & Bec, love what they do and it shows - sharing their enthusiasm and comprehensive knowledge of the best dive spots Grand Cayman has to offer. Each has an excellent eye for spotting underwater life, which will satisfy even the most demanding underwater photographer. We feel that we have a top of the line operation, driven by one thing - a friendly positive attitude! So before you book that "smaller groups" dive shop - ask them 'smaller than what?'
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Pompano Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Simply Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

After having the experience of being on a cattle boat, my husband and I were in search for something more. We found Chris and Kate at Indigo Divers. They limit their group to six divers so that they can provide the best service to their customers. I really appreciated the small group atmosphere and the quality of service that Indigo Divers provided.

From the moment we arrived, Chris and Kate were wonderful hosts. Chris took our scuba equipment and had everything ready for us to dive right in. Descending for the first time, I had difficulty equalizing. Kate stayed with me until I was able to clear my ears and made sure everything was okay before she took the lead. As Kate moved through the water, she made sure to point out the little creatures that we would have otherwise missed.

Thanks to Indigo Divers we had the most amazing, relaxing and personalized dive experience to date. My husband and I know the difference between mediocre dive operators and fantastic ones.

Dublin
3 attraction reviews
“Indigo Divers - 2 Tank Dive 21st June 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

On the morning of 21st June 2012 I had the pleasure of diving with Kate and Captain Chris Alpers of Indigo Divers. To say the experience was excellent is an understatement.

In the weeks leading up to the dive, I contacted Kate who responded to every email I sent in a very prompt and informative fashion. As is their procedure, they send you the relevant forms to fill out, and ask for a photocopy of your C-Card. Kate also sent me excellent directions to the marina to meet the boat as well as answer any of my diving related queries and concerns. Though I didn’t require a hotel pick up, one was offered to me, which was still a nice gesture.

On the day of the dive, it was decided due to weather conditions to dive the North Sound of Grand Cayman. The boat we were diving on, was called The Cats Meow, and is a modern fast, and very comfortable vessel. It is not a typical dive boat, but provides a more intimate experience which allowed for good conversations. It carries a maximum of 6 divers on a trip, and on our trip there were just 5. The boat did not feel restricted or overloaded in any way.

Once at the dive sites (“Princess Pennies Pinnacle” and “Blue Peter”), an orientation was given in detail. Safety aspects were discussed and the role of both Kate and Chris on the dives. Dive computers were available for those that required them. The two dive sites chosen were excellent, and offered a wonderful glimpse into the underwater beauty of the Cayman Islands.

After each dive, we were offered and served drinks, fruit and cookies. We were also provided with a towel to dry off. I found both Chris and Kate very friendly and attentive, and full of stories and good practical diving advice. It was a pleasure to spend time with them aboard their boat, and beneath the waves.

Visited June 2012
Martin, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
“Great people, great DMs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Chris and Kate were simply great! My husband and I are still new to diving and I felt quite insecure about my skills before diving with them for the first time. However, once in the water, this feeling immediately vanished and, after the eighth dive, I'm now in love with the sport. They guided us through all sorts of amazing sites, even making sure to point out the little critters we would never had noticed otherwise. Since their boat is top of the line, the ride to the dive sites was fast and getting in and out of the water was pretty easy. Before diving with Indigo, I found the sport to be cumbersome and rather too much for my small frame. Now I know that it doesn't have to be that way: Chris hooks you up with the equipment in a manner that you don't even feel the weight of the tank. Another point worth mentioning is the fact that they teach you how to better your skills. Finally, if you need info on anything with regard to the island, they are happy to share their knowledge with you. I can say without any hesitation that I now enjoy diving in a way I never thought I would before. We will certainly dive with them again in the future. Thanks, guys!

Austin
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We chartered with Chris and Kate for a snorkel trip and my husband made two dives with them. Everything was wonderful. Chris & Kate are professional, very experienced and fun to be with. When will never consider diving or snorkeling with anyone else!

, Owner at Indigo Divers, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Thank you Beth!
It was a pleasure to have you, Dillon & Clark, on board the Cats Meow last week. We hope you'll all join us again in the not too distant future. Best wishes, Kate & Chris.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Kate and Chris were awesome! We had a blast with Indigo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Kate and Chris were great hosts and incredibly accommodating. As another reviewer noted, they are incredibly skilled at finding organisms both large and small! We saw so many things we'd never seen before and most likely would have passed by without a blink. Kate recognized my being a somewhat nervous diver and relaxed me immediately with her calming state through each descent. We never felt rushed and my husband and I left Grand Cayman feeling that those were some of the best dives we have ever had. We have never felt so comfortable in the water. Thank you Kate and Chris! We will certainly return :)

Visited May 2012