“Beautiful atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Description: The Royal Palms is located on 300ft of white sand overlooking the pristine waters of the Caribbean. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner in a beautiful outdoor setting.Private cabanas on the beach are available for dining. After dinner there is entertainment where you can mingle with locals and visitors alike.We look forward to seeing you.
Weatogue, Connecticut
“Beautiful atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We came for drinks and stayed for dinner The restaurant has an extensive list. My husband doesn't eat fish, and he had many options to choose from. Plus, you can't beat the view!

Visited March 2014

George Town, Grand Cayman
“Will never go again ... And we live here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

As residents we have been going to Palms for a number of years with our family and friends who live on the island and our overseas guests. One of our group this evening wanted a simple menu change and it had to be sent back twice and the waitstaff could be seen by another of our group to be mocking and mimicking our group member's polite request. When the dish finally arrived (still wrong) the rest of our party had finished their meals. The order was for steak and salad with no dressings... go figure! We will be sure to tell our work colleagues and friends about the treatment we received.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Donald L, General Manager at Royal Palms Beach Club, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Islander J,
I have researched the incident and discovered where the problem occurred. Your guest notified the server that they had a dairy allergy. The order for the steak was sent to the kitchen indicating that. The steak arrived at your table and your guest said they did not wish to have dressing on the salad.
The food was taken to the kitchen where it was plated again without the salad dressing. It was then taken back to the guest who told the server they did not wish to have sauce on the steak. At that point we threw away that steak because sauce had already been put on the steak. We cooked a new steak it was taken to the guest. The manager went to the table to check with the guest who stated it was not a large problem.
I can understand your frustration however I feel that it was a matter of miscommunication between your guest and the server.
You mentioned that you have been coming to the Royal Palms for years so it would appear that you had enjoyed yourself on your previous visits. It is a shame that one mistake would cause you not to enjoy all that the Royal Palms has to offer. I do hope that you will join us again.
Donald Loyd
Sierra Vista, AZ
“Perfect lounging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Chillling out under a palm tree on the beach and having food and drink at hand makes for a perfect day on 7 Mile Beach. The cruise ships deposit quite a few people there, but later in the afternoon when they return to the ships it quiets down. The sand beach is great for entertaining the kids.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tom Bean, Texas, United States
“A gorgeous beach in a cabana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We really enjoyed the beach and the cabana at the Royal Palms Beach Club, that was one of the best days ever. Our server Juliette was great and was nice and consider to accommodate us close to the facilities . The beach was so beautiful and gorgeous....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Andor says: Great place to enjoy the sun, walk along side the beach and dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Very accomodating staff. I was on a day tour so I had no towel, which I was able to rent from them for $5.00USD; they have great outdoor shower facilities and restroom for changing. I was able to grab a nice lounge chair and enjoy the ocean in front of the facility. Walking alongside the beach is so beautiful around and the water is just gorgeous. After enjoying the beach I had lunch at Royal Palms. I ordered a Mahi-Mahi salad, which took about 20 minutes; by the time i got it was fairly warm to cold... I didn't complain as I was short in time and the waitress was just so accomodating with all my questions and requests earlier. Maybe I just ordered the wrong dish. All in all, it is a great place to spend some time while in Grand Cayman

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere