“Very accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Description: The Royal Palms is located on 300ft of white sand overlooking the pristine waters of the Caribbean. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner in a beautiful outdoor setting.Private cabanas on the beach are available for dining. After dinner there is entertainment where you can mingle with locals and visitors alike.We look forward to seeing you.
Shawnee Mission, KS
“Very accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a good-sized group scheduled to have a buffet outdoors (about 30 to 40 of us) - parents and high school seniors traveling on a spring break trip. Heavy rain rolled in just when we were arriving. Royal Palms staff didn't bat an eye - they just set up the buffet indoors, upstairs - where we had a roof over our heads but open air on two sides allowing u to watch the storm roll over the ocean and then dissipate quickly. The food was not the most memorable part of the evening (ok, the food was pretty mediocre) but the price was not expensive, the scenery was nice and we appreciated a place where we could get together for a meal. The kids returned later in the week to enjoy the night club scene.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Princeton, New Jersey
“Beach day cruise stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had done a bit of research looking for a beach stop on our recent cruise. This was a perfect day! RP gave us the feel of a little resort and the perfect brief ride from the port. I had read previously that the taxi might try to talk us into going down seven mile beach further to the public beach, however, I stuck to my plan and insisted on dropoff at the Royal Palms. So glad I did. We had an nice beach walk and than enjoyed the bar and lounge chairs for a number of hours. The shower, restroom and changing room was clean and perfect. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a great beach day on a cruise.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
wiltshire
“Nice place and food but waiting staff got on our nerves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We ate here only once so this is just a snapshot from that one occasion.

We went for dinner and all ok to start with. Then the waitress came to take our order. We ordered our drinks and my partner ordered his starter. Then as I began to tell her my starter order, she walked off and started taking the order at another table. Incredible! We just looked at each other and could not believe it. She didn't say anything to us just ignored me and walked off! How rude was that?

We called her back over and said we had not finished and had we offended her to make her walk off like that mid sentence.

Anyway the food came and was delicious but then she and other staff would not leave us alone. Kept coming back and asking us if everything was ok every 5 minutes. It got extremely irritating as we were out for a romantic meal and unfortunately the waiting staff had no sense of discretion.
so we left without dessert or coffee and our memory of this place is of rude staff not the great food

Would we go back? not for a meal but its a nice place to sit with a cold drink in the daytime

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Flies Flies and More Flies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

After spending some time checking out 7 Mile Beach we decided to stop at the Royal Plams for lunch since it look like a good place for lunch......I am not sure of anyone ele's visits there but after getting the food we ordered and waiting for my Mothers plate to arrive since thay forgot her sweet potato fries that come with the burger she ordered- the attack of the flies began immedently- having to wave them away from our plates with meuns and eating as fast as we could as not to have them landing on our food - its easty to say that we DID NOT enjoy our meal at all - when I mentioned this problum to the waiter who was no where to be found during the meal - his reply was " oh this time of year there real bad" and walked away..I am in coustmer service over 30 years and know bad service when I see it -needless to say we left very unhappy and $100 dollers ripped off- the waiter planly could not care less and we showed our appreacation when the check came....Bad Service and Unsanatery eating areas....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Great Food and Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We dined and dance here and had the most amazing time....made our vacation extra special good memories were made.

Visited March 2013