“Great lunch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunshine Grill

Sunshine Grill
1465 Esterley Tibbetts | at the Sunshine Suites Resort, Seven Mile Beach KY1-1201, Grand Cayman
+1 345-946-5848
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: Enjoy world-class casual dining with true Caribbean flair for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks. Our colorful poolside restaurant with award winning food at an affordable price has made the Sunshine Grill a favorite for local residents and international visitors alike. Everyday favorites include the BEST angus burgers, award winning fish tacos and island specialty drinks.
Scio
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We visited this restaurant on the recommendation of our dive instructor! Great suggestion. The fish tacos were exceptional! The burgers were great, too! Loved the service as well.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
Omaha, Nebraska
“Very Good... but the Best?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Obviously I had to get to the highest rated TripAdvisor restaurant on Grand Cayman as soon as possible... otherwise I knew I'd regret it if we waited until the last night and only had one opportunity to eat here.

Unfortunately it was also the day we'd already taken a 6am flight (which means waking up at 4:30am), traveled to Cayman via one airport stop with very short layover... running was involved... getting the rental car, finding the B&B, and THEN looking for a place to eat a 2pm lunch during Carnival Batabano.

Not the perfect combination of events. So of course when we arrived at Sunshine Grill we were a little exhausted and slightly flustered.

Lucky for me they have a drink here called The Painkiller (great story, better drink. Pineapple juice, orange juice, cream of coconut, gold rum and freshly grated nutmeg), Trivial Pursuit cards to occupy your time, a Big A** Fan (literally, that's the name) and tiny complimentary ice cream cones for dessert!

In hindsight I should have tried the crispy Mahi tacos instead, as that's sometimes more my speed, but I ordered the "World Famous" Fish Tacos - questionable use of quotes and all.

(Grilled Mahi with tomatoes, Swiss cheese, cabbage, cilantro, wontons, scallions & sweet Thai chili and avocado sauces). They were really good tacos, but not enough to keep me away from all the other dining wonders Cayman has to offer and draw us back here during our trip.

On our next trip though, I can easily say Sunshine Grill may be one of our first stops. I could even see us staying at the Sunshine suites specifically for this restaurant... only time will tell. In the meantime, if you have the time, you should definitely make this a priority stop.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome fish tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Some of the best fish tacos I have ever had and the service was great!! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in search of of a really good dining experience. A bit off the beatin path but worth finding. Directly across from the Westin and behind a strip mall. I plan on going again before we leave the island.

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Yum YUM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you're expecting the Ritz, you'll be disappointed. But you should be here in the first place. The Shack has is totally yummy, where you can meet fellow travelers and learn a lot. The food was good and just what I needed after a day of diving. Thanks

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“great fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

loved the chicken, tacos and the mojitos. great to sit by the pool and wait for the table. we all loved our meal

Visited June 2013