“Must go place for dessert!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Chicago, Illinois
“Must go place for dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

The cab driver recommended Hemingway’s to us on our way to the Westin from the airport. I was skeptical at first cause I’ve had bad experiences with cab drivers and thought that he probably got some sort of kickback. I’m so glad that I didn’t listen to that inner voice and made it out to Hemingway’s!

On our last night (Sunday) we walked out to Hemingway’s (about 10 min walk from the Westin). Prior to dinner I was pretty stressed because I wanted to make sure I ended my trip with a great dinner. It was a slow night for them with maybe 3 other tables. We chose to sit inside versus outside on the patio because I didn’t want to risk getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes. It was a romantic setting (candles, high ceilings, ocean breeze).

Our waitress was nice (although slow). The chef made us a complimentary tasting of tuna and that was delicious. For appetizers, we ordered the scallops. This was very good (portion was small though). I don’t remember what was in the sauce, but it definitely all worked together. As a main course I ordered the Paella Valencia and my boyfriend ordered the Mushroom Ravioli. Dinner was good, but what made this restaurant hit the top of my list was dessert and drinks. We ordered the sticky toffee pudding and I really wish that I could format this text and make it bold because it was amazing!!! My bf and I already went in with high expectations since everyone says it’s the best and they were not lying. If I knew it would be that good, I probably wouldn’t have filled myself up with the paella. Also, the Mango Mojito was probably the best drink I ordered on the island. It was so good that I ended up ordering 2. My bf started with an Island Breeze and later ordered another Mango Mojito because he really liked mine. We spent about $160 US after tip (pricey) but compared to some of the other meals we had for that price, I thought it was worth it. If you are on a tight budget, I recommend at least stopping by for dessert and drinks!

We walked back to the Westin along the Seven Mile Beach with smiling faces.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Sunset Views and Romance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

My bf and I had heard about this place from just about everyone who had been to the Caymans. It was worth the trip. The service was excellent, you can dine in our outside (we chose outside) and got to watch a spectacular sunset while we ate. The food was also delicious with a nice presentation to go along with it. Although it's not cheap (I think it cost around $130 USD for one appetizer and two dinners plus 2 drinks, it's really worth it. My bf fell in love with the paella and my chicken was also excellent. A must do for a special occasion.

New York City, New York
“really good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

very good restaurant not to busy. YOU HAVE TO GET THE STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING! warm sticky toffee pudding, drizzzzzzzzzzzzzeled with caramel sauce, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. you can't leave without it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, TX
“Outstanding meal but too hot outside.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

We made a reservation earlier that day and chose a table outside closest to the ocean view. Unfortunately, it was extremely hot and humid, and a ceiling fan was not available near our table. The hotel and restaurant are gorgeous, and remind you of Ralph Lauren decoration with mahogany furniture. The maitre d' was very attentive. The waitress' service could have been much better in view of the expensive meal and included 15% tip. The food was exceptionally presented with a modern twist, and it tasted fresh. We had to ask several times for the waitress' attention, including to refill our glasses with bottled water. I certainly recommend this restaurant if it fits your budget.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dumfries
“Fabulous Food, Service, and Sunset View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

We had a wonderful meal on the patio at sunset. The service was just as good as our meal in the RC restaurant, but at about half the price. The seafood was very fresh and the presentation was so nice we took pictures. Both the seafood paella and the filet were well prepared and perfectly portioned. We shared a BBQ turtle steak appetizer on a bed of jicama, which was nicely sized and really unusual. I would definitely return. Make a reservation if you want to sit outside.