“Awesome Stingray City & Snorkel Tour!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Captain Marvin's

Captain Marvin's
Seven Mile Beach Road | Cayman Falls Shopping Center, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
345-945-6975
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 60 years in business, Captain Marvin's Watersports are the original stingray-friendly watersports company on the island.We are delighted to show you the wonders of Stingray City, as well as beautiful coral formations, colorful fish and sea life with our world-famous crew helping you all the way. Experience the tour of a lifetime--there is no other place on earth like Stingray City! Come on aboard and see our clear blue water, exotic fish, stingrays and experience for yourself some old-fashioned Caymanian hospitality.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Maywood, New Jersey
“Awesome Stingray City & Snorkel Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family just got back from our Disney Cruise that stopped in Grand Cayman. We wanted to do some snorkeling and, of course, the Stingray City tour. The only tour like that was offered by our cruise didn't allow for me to bring my 3-year old, so I started doing some research, and based on Tripadvisor reviews, price, and the type of boat (I didn't want to be on a catamaran) I chose Capt. Marvin's for our tour. I am SO GLAD that I did! There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 children ages 9, 8, 7, 3, and we all had an amazing time! The crew was so friendly and helpful. Captain Jimmy gives you thorough explanations of everything you're going to be doing and he even took first time snorkelers who were nervous out and stayed with them the entire time. They made everyone feel so comfortable. Our photographer, Roy, captured great shots of our entire family, and we purchased the CD (no pressure) because we wanted to have those special memories. For what you get we all felt it was a great value! Being that we didn't have much time to spend on the Island, I plan on visiting Grand Cayman again someday soon and will definitely go on this tour again... with Capt. Marvin's, of course!!

Dallas, Texas
“Sting Ray city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very well organized nice, professional would recommend... Clean and on time.... Well informed and courtious.

Latham, New York
7 attraction reviews
“Awesome trip to Stingray City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff on the boat make the experience that much more exciting. I felt comfortable and trusted that they knew what they were doing when handling the stingrays. You could tell they enjoyed their job.

Visited August 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Awesome Tour with Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was the second trip to Stingray City for my husband and I, but the first for our children and my Mother-In-Law. We did a 3 stop trip on a Sunday. As the boat headed out, everyone was given an overview of what to expect and information about the stingrays. The gentlemen were extremely knowledgeable and made sure to answer questions and alleviate any concerns guests had. Our first stop was Stingray City. Here, we were able to hold, kiss, feed and get a back massage from the stingrays. Captain Marvins provided a photographer to take pictures that could be purchased at the end of the tour. Our next stop was the barrier reef. We had approximately 40 minutes to snorkel the reef and were provided snorkels/masks/fins and snorkel vests. The last stop was the Coral Gardens. This area has a lot more fish and we were provided squid to feed the fish. Our tour guides were extremely nice and helpful the whole trip. I am so glad we booked through Captain Marvins and will use them again in the future.

Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Sting Ray City Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've been to Sting Ray City in the Cayman Islands many times but the best way to experience it is on a Captain Marvin's tour. They have 2 snorkel stops and sting ray city. The boats are not crowded and the staff is very helpful and friendly. They create a completely wonderful experience!

Now I only go to Sting Ray City with the best, Captain Marvin Tours!!

Visited May 2012