“Customized Diving in Grand Cayman” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 59 activities in George Town
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Owner operated with more than 20 years experience we are committed to providing you with a safe ,professional and most of all fun dive or snorkel charter. Perfect for small groups, families, beginners needing extra care or the experienced diver seeking more challenging dive sites. No pumped up sales pitch full of self praise and disingenuous promises, we offer a safe, pleasant dive or snorkel trip and have fun doing it.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
NYC
“Customized Diving in Grand Cayman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Diving with Capt Mark was great. This is the second time we dove with him. On this trip we had two families with five divers getting certified and three experienced divers. I have been certified for 35 years attaining the level of instructor. My wife and I have traveled around the world diving with a lot of great dives under our belt. Capt Mark made sure the new divers were comfortable in the water with good encouragement along the way. He had the staff to make sure all bases were covered. After the certification dives we were all able to experience the great north wall of Cayman. We even got to meet a frisky porpoise. I would encourage the personalized attention that can be offered on a private charter vs the cattle boats full of various experience level of divers. If you want to customize your dive vacation dive with Absolute Divers.

Visited August 2013

Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Great Open Water Check-Out Dives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My son and I visited Grand Cayman on a RCCL Cruise in April and booked a private half day dive with Captain Mark to do my son's first two PADI open water dives. There was some initial confusion over the pick-up arranagements, but the girls at the information desk where we were told to meet them were able to get it resolved with Mark's staff pretty quick. With the mix-up we didn't get a chance to grab lunch so it was great that Mark had water and homemade brownies on the boat to feed a starving teenager.

The seas were fairly rough the day we dove and with my son doing his first two dives and me not diving in three years other than a recent pool refresher, Mark smartly kept us inside the reef. We had two great dives completing his check-out as well as having enough bottom time to see stingrays, plenty of fish, and some nice coral heads.

I was impressed with the time Mark put into the oral test and gear review he gave as part of the checkout and he was as thorough under the water. We're hoping to get back to Grand Cayman soon to finish his open water dives and see more of the reefs.

Visited April 2013
Castle Pines, CO
5 attraction reviews
“Great deal for small groups!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We dove with Capt. Mark at Absolute and had a great experience. There were 5 of us with varying diving experience and he and his crew ensured all of us enjoyed our dives. He knows the Island and dives sites very well, so we shared our levels of experience and let him chose the dive locations. The kids enjoyed diving with the sting rays, the best! We didn't go to the sandbar, he actually took us to a private spot so we didn't have to share the experience with 100 of our closest friends. Mark is a dive master and since he has his own chartered boat, be sure to clue him in on your expectations and dive ability as he can customize your trip.

Visited April 2013
Brighton, Michigan
“hot or cold”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had several positive recommendations about absolute from diving buddies. They must have caught him on one of his good days, but we didn't. $500 for a private half day charter, 1.5 hours late picking us up. The woman at the information desk called him, got his assistant, and had to yell at him to get us picked nothing but water to drink, a divemaster who was almost out of bottom time after diving earlier, and two 25 minute dives at sting ray city where he did nothing to "guide" us in the 15' of water because he was low on air and didn't want to use the other tanks that he needed the next day.

We won't be using him when we go back in October.

Visited March 2013
masiio, Owner at Absolute Divers, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
What I recall happening is , he got off the cruise ship at 10am and started screaming at the lady at the information booth, who i know personally, because we weren't there at that very moment to pick him up for the charter he had arranged for 12:30 a full 2 1/2 hours later. Unfortunately I was unable to answer the phone as I was under water .
Because of the sea conditions and his sons lack of experience we where only able to dive inside the reef , at stingray city. I offered to do a one dive charter but he insisted on staying at stingray city to do a second one.
As with all of my customers I inform them in my initial email contact that I will provide fresh drinking water and if they would like me to pick something up for them I will just let me know. Incidentally we happened to have a full tray of freshly baked brownies with us that day which we offered to him and his son. Literally within 30 seconds his son had inhaled over half the tray and Big John as he calls himself took the tray away from him before he could consume what was left. It was amazing Ive never seen anyone eat so much so fast.
I could go on and respond to the rest of this nonsense but suffice it to say that unfortunately some people are miserable as soon as they look in the mirror in the morning and from a few of my revues appear to be attracted to me!. I'm sure in his mind that's the way it happened and if posting a nasty review make him feel better about himself well I feel sorry for him .
Plymouth, Michigan
“Great diving experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Took my daughter and two of her friends on a cruise for her 21st birthday. Had pre-arranged a dive/snorkeling trip with Mark for our day in Grand Cayman. Three of us were certified divers, two were not so we wanted a private outing where three could dive and two could snorkel. We left it to Mark to take us to the dive spots he thought we'd like. We all had a wonderful time and have some great pictures of our two dives. Thanks for a great day!

Visited March 2013