“Great deal for small groups!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 69 Activities in George Town
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner operated with more than 20 years experience we are committed to providing you with a safe ,professional and most of all fun dive or snorkel charter. Perfect for small groups, families, beginners needing extra care or the experienced diver seeking more challenging dive sites. No pumped up sales pitch full of self praise and disingenuous promises, we offer a safe, pleasant dive or snorkel trip and have fun doing it.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Castle Pines, CO
6 attraction reviews
“Great deal for small groups!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We dove with Capt. Mark at Absolute and had a great experience. There were 5 of us with varying diving experience and he and his crew ensured all of us enjoyed our dives. He knows the Island and dives sites very well, so we shared our levels of experience and let him chose the dive locations. The kids enjoyed diving with the sting rays, the best! We didn't go to the sandbar, he actually took us to a private spot so we didn't have to share the experience with 100 of our closest friends. Mark is a dive master and since he has his own chartered boat, be sure to clue him in on your expectations and dive ability as he can customize your trip.

Visited April 2013

Brighton, Michigan
“hot or cold”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had several positive recommendations about absolute from diving buddies. They must have caught him on one of his good days, but we didn't. $500 for a private half day charter, 1.5 hours late picking us up. The woman at the information desk called him, got his assistant, and had to yell at him to get us picked nothing but water to drink, a divemaster who was almost out of bottom time after diving earlier, and two 25 minute dives at sting ray city where he did nothing to "guide" us in the 15' of water because he was low on air and didn't want to use the other tanks that he needed the next day.

We won't be using him when we go back in October.

Visited March 2013
masiio, Owner at Absolute Divers, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
What I recall happening is , he got off the cruise ship at 10am and started screaming at the lady at the information booth, who i know personally, because we weren't there at that very moment to pick him up for the charter he had arranged for 12:30 a full 2 1/2 hours later. Unfortunately I was unable to answer the phone as I was under water .
Because of the sea conditions and his sons lack of experience we where only able to dive inside the reef , at stingray city. I offered to do a one dive charter but he insisted on staying at stingray city to do a second one.
As with all of my customers I inform them in my initial email contact that I will provide fresh drinking water and if they would like me to pick something up for them I will just let me know. Incidentally we happened to have a full tray of freshly baked brownies with us that day which we offered to him and his son. Literally within 30 seconds his son had inhaled over half the tray and Big John as he calls himself took the tray away from him before he could consume what was left. It was amazing Ive never seen anyone eat so much so fast.
I could go on and respond to the rest of this nonsense but suffice it to say that unfortunately some people are miserable as soon as they look in the mirror in the morning and from a few of my revues appear to be attracted to me!. I'm sure in his mind that's the way it happened and if posting a nasty review make him feel better about himself well I feel sorry for him .
Plymouth, Michigan
“Great diving experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Took my daughter and two of her friends on a cruise for her 21st birthday. Had pre-arranged a dive/snorkeling trip with Mark for our day in Grand Cayman. Three of us were certified divers, two were not so we wanted a private outing where three could dive and two could snorkel. We left it to Mark to take us to the dive spots he thought we'd like. We all had a wonderful time and have some great pictures of our two dives. Thanks for a great day!

Visited March 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Best snorkel experiance I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had the good fortune to enjoy a half day of snorkeling in the beautiful Grand Cayman reefs with Captain Mark and his crew this February. The weather was perfect and the boat was at the dock when we arrived at the marina as promised by Mark.

Mark went over all the safety instructions and ensured we all had the right equipment (clean masks and fins) fitting correctly and ready for use. We cruised out to Stingray City (a shallow reef area out in the bay) and we couldn't believe it, we were the only boat in the area (apparently Mark's secret spot) and before we were in the water the rays were swimming up to the boat. It was fabulous for us all to be in the water with the stingrays, some were up to 6 or 7 foot long and there must have been 12 or more rays around us eating bits of squid out of our hands.

Later Captain Mark took us to the "Wall" an absolute (no pun intended) breathtaking experience swimming over the Cayman wall where the seabed drops to thousands of feet down to the dark depths. the sunlight shining through the sea and the reflection of the wall disappearing below was eerie and stunning.

We ended the snorkel day at the reef diving for conch shells. I got a fair sized one, some of the others got bigger shells. The fish around us were so colorful and some quite large, it was incredible.

What a great day with Captain Mark. I'm glad we arranged our snorkel through Absolute as we heard that some of the other snorkel outfits didn't give the same experience.

Visited February 2013
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Merry Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Mark and his crew picked us up on Christmas day for a private trip to sting ray city and two snorkel stops on the reef. My wife spent substantial time finding an operator on a day when everything is closed. As a business owner he could have simply said no and spent time with his family. To take the extra time to make our vacation wonderful gives us a small but powerful insight into his business philosophy - to give families the trip of their life. While it may seem mundane to do these stops I felt like I was a family member being given access that few have. The feeling of not being rushed and taking time to enjoy the beauty that Grand Cayman offers with family members was priceless. I would highly recommend his business to anyone.

Visited December 2012