“Awesomely Suprised!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Modern. Responsible. Delicious. Bread and Chocolate is the first full-service vegan restaurant in the Cayman Islands providing healthy all-day breakfast and lunch alternatives for health-conscious and eco-conscious diners. All breads, desserts, sauces etc. Are made in house. Organic and local produce featured where and whenever possible. Located in the centre of the financial district of George Town. Parking is very limited so plan for a short walk from your car if you drive any day other than Saturday (loads of street parking available on weekends). Bus terminal is next door so it is strongly encouraged to take one of the municipal "buses" which are, for the most part, mini-vans with stickers on them - the EE (East End) bus is more of the typical style bus. Taking the bus is greatly encouraged since it's better for the environment, way cheaper than a cab and is a unique experience on it's own. Some pay parking available at the Town Centre Plaza on Albert Panton Street and behind Bayshore Mall. Table service and take out available. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.M. To 4 p.M., Saturdays and most public holidays from 9 a.M. To 2 p.M.
GT
“Awesomely Suprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I don't get downtown much so while I was in the neighbourhood I wanted to try this out. My meeting actually ended up going late so I quickly grabbed a "Beet Burger" to go...it was unreal! Ridiculously good, I honestly don't have the words to describe how awesome it was.
I'm a meat eater (and that won't change) and I honestly didn't find a lot of things that looked appealing on the menu, now that I've taken the plunge I will be back. SOON.
I'll definitely try breakfast and will try to be adventurous with whatever other items they have, if everything else is half as good as that Beet Burger then I'm going to be a regular.
Fantastic. Do yourself a favour and give it a whirl.

1 Thank Cayman-Foodie R

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“June 2013 Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The food at this little cafe is amazing!!! The owners recently opened the restaurant, which is great as it's surrounded by mainstream chains packed with tourists as they empty from the cruise ships. This little cafe's seats were filled but the owner addressed every table quickly and the food was delicious.

1 Thank Sears1111
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“I'm Obsessed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm in love with the fledgeling Bread & Chocolate and so happy this vegan restaurant is a hit! The food is fresh, wholesome, delicious, and pretty darn cheap compared to other local options. The entire staff are also lovely, making the whole experience at Bread & Chocolate one that nobody coming through George Town should miss. Cayman's own hole-in-the-wall gem hidden right in the centre of GT. Make sure to give their desserts/pastries a shot, made by their adorable in-house pastry chef Jill. Vegan peanut butter cups, YUM.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ally M
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“My new favorite lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you do not live in Cayman and are looking for somewhere quick to eat while off the cruise ship for 3 hours, I am BEGGING you to please come here.
I tried this restaurant today finally, and was so pleased.
The owners have managed to make the place so warm and welcoming you just want to sit down, read a book and stay there all day.
I tried the special of the day Breadfruit Tacos which were out of this world! (this is a big deal because as a Caymanian I find myself very particular about my breadfruit.)
The Menu is great, the service is great - and with the most expensive item on the menu being I believe 12$ I expect to become a regular.

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“true success story !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

i was directed to go there by an employee of another restaurant since i'm a vegan. we went there 3 times on our 10 day vacation. it was truly delicious and the owners RENO & his wife were so GENUINE .i live in san francisco and we have some very good vegan& vegetarian restaurants here. wish they were here.
also, another restaurant that has a vegan menu as well is AGUA ! not cheap but delicious $$$
.went there twice