“Excellent food; good service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 89 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Japanese, American, Sushi, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of Cayman's hottest and most unique dining experiences. Conveniently located on the Seven Mile strip, Karma has established itself as a favorite amongst residents and visitors alike. With a focus on only using the freshest ingredients, Karma's sushi, sashimi and signature dishes consistently delivers innovative elements and flavor profiles from around the world.
LJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food; good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Lovely atmosphere and furnishings; excellent food; fabulous water guys who kept the glasses full. Our server (and those we saw around us) didn't seem slammed, yet didn't get to tables quickly. When I've laid my closed menu to one side to indicate I'm ready to order, and the server is talking on the other side of the room, I'm just disappointed. Now the tuna tartare ($11) comprised of: spicy ahi tuna / pickled watermelon / watermelon mint sorbet / popadum
scotch bonnet vinaigrette was amazing. Sushi was very good. Beautiful restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Average Jane - Best Restaurant - I'm an Eater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

To Whom It May Concern,

Beautiful atmosphere, great service, and the food... WOW, Amazing. I have never had such a friendly waitress, who was attentive but not hovering. Thank you DIANA you were wonderful. My party and I ordered calamari, which was a little too spicy, be sure to ask for sauce on the side, salmon sushi -Wonderful, scallops wrapped in bacon- Amazing, and fish tacos - Fantastic. For dessert, I split the BEST key lime pie I have ever had, AND I AM AN EATER. Also, please be sure to try the ice cream. They make it in front of you, and the maple/bacon, which sounds odd, but will destroy any ice cream you have previously had, is INCREDIBLE. I have to say, though I have been to countless restaurants in my life and tried many wonderful dishes (and some not so great too), KARMA is my number one favorite. Thank you KARMA. See you next year!

Fairfax, Virginia
“A Friday night dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place has great food. It is a bit pricey and loud (music and people) on a Friday but the food is great and very inventive. Sort of an asian/latin fusion. Short walk from the Marriott.

Philadephia
“Terrific fish tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The husband and I had dinner here on a quiet Sunday night. We were informed by our server that she had literally just come in off of the boat as the owner had just decided to open up that night. The restaurant was not busy. There was another couple and a family with children as the other patrons. Karma is nicely decorated and has a beautiful outside lounge area with dinner seating in what looked like comfortable, plush outdoor furniture. We chose to eat inside in air conditioning. We ordered the crazy roll which was ok. Oddly it was served after our main courses had been set in front of us. I had pad Thai, a favorite of mine normally. While Karma's was good, it tasted strongly of ginger, not of fish sauce, or tamarind. My husband had the fish tacos. We tasted each other's meals and both of us agreed that the fish tacos were the Best part of the meal. It was a pricy dinner even without alcohol, but food prices are high on Cayman. We would consider eating there again, but ordering only the fish tacos. Karma is located in a small shopping plaza across from the Cayman Reef Resort on SMB

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Service was horrible...felt ignored at all times...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Went there a week ago.... we were the first customers in the dining area.....our server was a woman with tattoes all over her arms. When we ordered our apps the cutlery was all placed on a large plate and left in the centre of the table....we were actually confused whether we had to help ourselves or did she forget to get it ourselves.....when we turned around we saw her busy on her mobile so we eventually helped ourselves to the cutlery. The busboy whoo bought out our apps must have had a real bad day, cause he didnt seem to have an interest that day. We wondered if things could get much worse than this. Finally the appetizers arrived.. the chefs there did an amazing job. All the apps were amazing. It was the food that actually bought us to karma the second time..... Wait wait wait .... my wife had just finished her apps her main course was bought out. My friend who was barely halfway through his soup, his main course was bought to the table. I hadnt touched my soup yyet and found that my main course was on the table......This was the point where all of us on the table were really pissed of. AND there is still no one in therestaurant yet. I had the tuna for the main course and realised maybe they just left it under the heat lamp and bought it out again. We never even bothered to ask for desserts. I felt that we would have been served better next door at Chicken Chicken.... Hope they either train their service crew or they will have to get used to an empty dining room.