“Awesome experience! Would love to do it again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 59 activities in George Town
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Cayman Eco Adventures offers trips to Grand Cayman's famous Stingray City. With groups limited twenty five, an experienced crew and a fast boat, you will see for yourself why we are one of the best tour companies in the Cayman Islands.
Zhengzhou, Henan, China
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome experience! Would love to do it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Our party went as a shore excursion from a Carnival cruise. We were met at the port and taken to the boat. The guides were super friendly and they drove the boat quickly over to the stingrays before everyone else arrived. We had plenty of food and time with the stingrays. I LOVED playing with them and so glad our guides got us there early. By the time we left, tons of other boats were there. We then did some snorkeling at the barrier reef. The corral and fish were beautiful! The guides also provided plenty of refreshments and fresh fruits for us to snack on. Our last stop was to see the starfish, and once again, it did not disappoint. The starfish are beautiful and the area was great. I definitely recommend booking with Cayman Eco Adventures! The guides are very friendly and try to let everyone have a memorable experience! If we go back to Grand Cayman, I would book this tour again!

Los Angeles, California
“Total Customer Satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I wrote a review dated Aug 8 entitled, "Short Changed" & since then I've a different perception of Eco Cayman Adventures. Kat, the company's adventure specialist, took the initiative to contact me with regard to my disappointment in not making it to Starfish Island. She gave my friend and I a partial refund for compensation.
A few days later, the owner, Mr. Whitney, authorized a full refund, which was totally unexpected. He goes by the company's policy making sure his customers are totally satisfied with the service rendered. I'm writing not because of the full refund received but I salute this company for their outstanding business ethic and integrity. They don't just take your money and forget about providing their customer with a pleasurable tour experience.

Visited July 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Snorkel tour and the Sting Rays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were referred to use Cayman Eco Adventures by a friend who lives on the island. Captain Kevin and Chip were our guides. We were picked up promptly, climbed aboard a 42' boat, and off we went - first to the coral reef that lies in the North Sound. It was beautiful that day, a bit cloudy without the glaring sun, and the fish were amazing. We spent at least 30 minutes there and off we went to the sandbar (NOT Sting Ray City) where we had an absolutely fabulous time with the sting rays. We had a new toy (GoPro) and took some amazing footage. This is only the second place in the WORLD that sting rays are fed and friendly without being held captive. We were the only boat on the sandbar, the others moved on to the reef -- so it was perfect! Then we went to Starfish Island and had another 30 minutes there as well. We had a blast ..so enjoy!

Los Angeles, California
“Not bad after all!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family shared the same experience of being short changed by this tour group. It was unpleasant because we did not get to hold the stingray for picture taking. Our tour operator ran out of food very quickly and all we could do was watching other tour groups enjoy their close stingray encounter with envy. Then without an explanation, we were told we had to return and skip the starfish stop. What a disappointment! Nonetheless, after my friend's review/feedback, Cayman Eco Adventure took the initiative to contact her to rectify the situation. I am very impressed that this company really stands behind its words to make sure customers are satisfied. We are promised a small partial refund. Their action has totally changed my opinion about them. This company is not bad after all. Word of advice: just speak up and they will listen!

Visited July 2013
Cincinnati
“Wonderful but not environmental”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time going to Stingray City and snorkeling. I have gone before with other companies and it was not nearly as enjoyable. There were not too many people on the boat and Captain Kevin and Chip were very nice. They took us to a beautiful beach called Starfish Island and we saw a dolphin named Stinky. It was one of the most beautiful parts of our trip. My only complaint is the environmental awareness of the company. If they advertise as an Eco-adventure, stingray city should not be a part of it and there should be more guidance as to not pick up the starfish. The experience was wonderful but it was not environmentally friendly.

Visited August 2013
CaymanEcoAdventures, Manager at Cayman Eco Adventures, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
We are pleased to hear that this guest had a wonderful time going to Stingray City and snorkeling with us. It is unfortunate that they feel that the Stingray City portion should not be included in our tour, as it is one of our islands most popular activities. By definition eco tours Generally, deal with living parts of the natural environment. Any time spent on our website should have made it clear that the focus of our tour is taking guests out to the sandbar so that they can swim with these wild animals in their natural environment. Other parts of the tour often include going to the reef, where our guests are educated about does and don'ts of swimming around the coral reef and Starfish point, where guests are always instructed on the proper handling if the local starfish that live there. Not sure why we would be labeled as not environmentally friendly, but our boat is very fuel efficient, we do recycle when ever we can, and we live by the leave only foot prints take only photos motto.